What's new

Wifi connection

WLF218

Reaction score
I got my iPhone 4s in January. Did the software update a few weeks ago so I'm all up to date. I'm having an issue with my wifi connection at home. Sometimes it will connect and it will be perfect and fast. Other times I'll connect and the wheel will keep turning and turning until I switch to 3G. I have Verizon fios so I called them and got a brand new router. That still hasnt solved the problem. There doesn't appear to be a pattern as to when it works well and when it doesn't. I did notice that usually if I'm RIGHT NEXT TO the router the connection is fine. At one point though I was in a room away from the router and my iPhone wheel was just spinning as I was searching in safari while at the exact same time and location my iPad was searching fine and quickly. I'm so frustrated because I genuinely don't know if it's an apple issue or a fios issue since there doesn't seem to be a pattern to what it's doing and also because sometimes the iPhone works totally fine and fast connected to wifi. I don't know who to take this up with? Any help would be appreciated. By the way my wifi connection has been strong at friends' houses but not sure what that tells me because sometimes it is fine at my own house too. No issues with my lap top which is an old toshiba on windows vista. Thank you.

It's an iOS issue. I have that kind of situation with my iPhone as well. Actually there is nothing you can do about it other than rebooting your iPhone when this happens or remove the sim card and insert it again to try to cure this glitch with the wifi. At the moment, taking out the sim card and putting it back has cure my wifi bug, but the next time I will take out the sim card again, I'm sure that my wifi will not be stable anymore. Apple store won't help as well because you can't actually prove it. When I'm the genius bar and remove and load the sim card however, the wifi just works, when I leave and arrive home, I have to restart the iPhone or to remove and put back the sim card before my iPhone can send/receive data over my home network.
I though iOS 5.1 would fix this issue but apparently it didn't.