What's new

Cannot find WIFI

zach.22

Reaction score
my wifi doesn't connect anymore. I know its not my router because my friends iphone can connect as well as all of the other things in my house that use wifi. Somtimes (like once a day) it will connect for a minute or two but then it will be gone. I've reset my phone, reset my network settings, etc. I think I need to replace my wifi antenna but I want that to be the last option. I don't really want to open up the phone. has anyone else had this happen or replaced their wifi antenna? let me know your thoughts/suggestions.

Silverado8405

Reaction score
I had something like that and I restored my phone as a new phone and did not use a back-up. Fixed my problem but was took a couple hours once I downloaded all my programs. No idea what the cause was but it went away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
zach.22 said:
my wifi doesn't connect anymore. I know its not my router because my friends iphone can connect as well as all of the other things in my house that use wifi. Somtimes (like once a day) it will connect for a minute or two but then it will be gone. I've reset my phone, reset my network settings, etc. I think I need to replace my wifi antenna but I want that to be the last option. I don't really want to open up the phone. has anyone else had this happen or replaced their wifi antenna? let me know your thoughts/suggestions.

Have you tried resetting your router?

iPhone Forums Moderator

IphoneMommy

Reaction score
It it allowing you to turn the wifi on and off or is it greyed out?

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Tapatalk Yo! :)

OP
Z

zach.22

Reaction score
I had something like that and I restored my phone as a new phone and did not use a back-up. Fixed my problem but was took a couple hours once I downloaded all my programs. No idea what the cause was but it went away.

can i do this without having to lose all my music/pictures/apps? also my iphone is jailbroken so i would have to re do that if i do a complete restore

Silverado8405

Reaction score
I'll be honest, I've never jail broken my phone so I'm not the right person to answer that question. I know you can back up the pictures/music and whatnot but I've got no other advice past that.

Most reactions