What's new

cant update to iphone4 to 4.1 software?

churito

Reaction score
Hi, i have a iphone4 (on 02) nothing chacked or cracked on it, it all works fine, and syncs with itunes 24/7 however obv the iso is out today and when i come to sync it asks if i want to update, ok, so i do the download and update, and itunes crashes? i start again and do the download....itunes crashes? i have tried a few times (like 7 or 8) and turned off my iphone and back on....nothing.....anyone have any ideas?

sorry to thread jack but i have a similar problem. i tried to update to 4.1 and it gave me an update error, and now my phone is in recovery mode. tried to restore but it keeps stopping liek 3/4 of the way giving me an 1004 error code everytime. anyone know how i can fix thiss?

sorry to thread jack but i have a similar problem. i tried to update to 4.1 and it gave me an update error, and now my phone is in recovery mode. tried to restore but it keeps stopping liek 3/4 of the way giving me an 1004 error code everytime. anyone know how i can fix thiss?

Was it jailbroken?
If so use tinyumbrella to force it out if restore, that's only if you saved your shsh blobs in Cydia.
Same thing happened to me last night.

Was it jailbroken?
If so use tinyumbrella to force it out if restore, that's only if you saved your shsh blobs in Cydia.
Same thing happened to me last night.

nope not jailbroken, just on 4.0.2

just retried it again, same thing. it verifys the restore then it says restoring and it just stops and gives me the error -_-

Did you try restarting your comp?
If that doesn't work dunno what to tell you.
Sorry.

just deleted the gs.apple.com host file and trying again, if that dont work imma restart and reinstall itunes. if that still dont work, then im going to the apple store tomorrow. mad gheyy

if you used tinyumbrella, you have to add a "#" in front of the gs.apple.com

I had the same problem! I ended up having to use an old XP machine to install the update successfully. I tried a windows 7 PC first and kept getting error messages after the install, but after moving it to the XP machine, the update installed just fine.

HAZAAAAAA! I DID IT!!!!!!!

i had the same problem. my restore progress bar would be filled up most of the way while my phone's restore status bar would show about 60% and just hang there forever. i cant guarantee that this will work for everyone but what i did was reinstalled itunes 10 and downloaded the real ios4.1 through apple. earlier, i was using some joe shmo ios4.1 from iclarified. either that or itunes was the problem but either way, just download both and reinstall.

thats why. always dl the fw directly from itunes, though i think iclarified might give the apple links any way