What's new

iPhone4 upgrade is free for iPhone 3G(s) owners if you think about it

I would do that too but I am going to have to take my chances. I can't be without a phone due to my work and we have no house phone.
You can still sell it now. Just put that you will ship June 25th after you get your new phone. Lots of ones for sale now say that.

I have it listed on ebay now. I just hope I get some bites. There are an awful lot of iPhones for sale. I am included two cases and advertised it as Jailbroken in hopes of having a better chance at selling it for a decent price.

I would do that too but I am going to have to take my chances. I can't be without a phone due to my work and we have no house phone.
You can still sell it now. Just put that you will ship June 25th after you get your new phone. Lots of ones for sale now say that.

I have it listed on ebay now. I just hope I get some bites. There are an awful lot of iPhones for sale. I am included two cases and advertised it as Jailbroken in hopes of having a better chance at selling it for a decent price.

just be careful of fake money orders from paypal. lots of nigerians seem to try fool people with them, i had it twice in two days

I am getting mine basically for free too.
Purchasing at Radio Shack...trading in my 3GS for a $200 store credit they are offering.
Will have to pay the tax and $18 activation/upgrade fee.

I could have done the eBay thing, but decided not to worry about the hassle and just do an even swap.

good call. i went with the factory unlocked option so i would not have been able to do an even trade thing. radio shack they where doing a trade right? 3gs for 4?

good call. i went with the factory unlocked option so i would not have been able to do an even trade thing. radio shack they where doing a trade right? 3gs for 4?

Not really a "Trade"...they are giving a $200 store credit or gift card for the 3GS. This can then be applied to the 4.

oh i see, so you still have to get to the store quick and hope they have not run out which is not likely

oh i see, so you still have to get to the store quick and hope they have not run out which is not likely

Actually they did a "Pre-Order" or actually a "Pre-reserve".
I went into the store and they processed my information on the Pre-Order day. The store was only able to process 3 phones on that day. Luckly I am #2 on the list. The store told me they would call me when it comes it. (However, I am sure I will be calling them on the 24th to check the status!)
Only draw back is I may not see it on the 24th as they are not guaranteeing delivery on that date.

i wouldent hold my breath waiting for a call from apple they are so busy i doubt they will but as long as they update your order status on the site and get it sent out, some have already had messages of dispached for thursday:O they must be in a hurry to send the iphones out, mine s ays it will deliver on the 24th but i bet they will ship it out on the 23rd lol

i wouldent hold my breath waiting for a call from apple they are so busy i doubt they will but as long as they update your order status on the site and get it sent out, some have already had messages of dispached for thursday:O they must be in a hurry to send the iphones out, mine s ays it will deliver on the 24th but i bet they will ship it out on the 23rd lol

Actually, it is Radio Shack, Unfortunately I have no way of checking the status. All I know is Radio Shack has an order in for me.

but they gave you a coupon right? you did the exchange thing?and they put an order for the iphone 4 for you? so all you can do is wait and hope, but i bet they have an early supply of them

I have done this will all my previous iPhones. Put on ebay- usually sell for 20-40 more than what the new one cost, it covers my upgrade fee. Hoping for a good sell on this 3GS. I have had good luck with craiglist on other items, I may try it for the 3GS, as Ebay seems flooded.

really? i get nothing but nigerian scammers sending me fake money orders from paypal, i hate ebay!!

i accept only paypal but thats what they like so they send the fake emails from paypal pretending they paid me, then they try thresten me to report me as a scammer if i dont send the goods.. i send back abussive emails only to have them email the next day and say they paid... but the no international thing means less people can bid, i should say everywhere apart from nigeria