What's new

iPhone4 arrived DOA

Rick Ornberg

Reaction score
So after patting myself on the back for ordering online to save myself froM the 38 mile trip to the closest Apple store to pick up a reserved iPhone, I pick up mine at the nearby UPS Store only to get it home to find it's a $200 brick. Won't turn on, stone cold dead. Period. After a couple of phone calls to national support and then the apple store I wound up driving into Milwaukee anyway where they switched out my phone.

I think my single iPhone took a beating in transit. However those in the store must have been cushioned by other iPhones!

Wonder if I had the only DOA phone alloted for the US?

I would have been really upset. At least Apple had one in stock to replace it with right away! I haven't heard of any other DOAs yet, but I'll keep an eye out.

good thinkg you managed to get another on the same day and did not get stuck with the non working one.. very annoying though and time wasting

Don't take this the wrong way but I hope you did get the only DOA phone.

Me too actually. From the background noise I heard when I called the Apple store I figured I'd best get down there fast. While I was waiting for them to finish the administrative stuff, I managed to grab their last Bumper from the display too! The place was packed, with reservation pickup lines (I assumed that's what they were in line for) in sections throughout the mall. Store staff would bring them in in groups it looked like. Glad I missed all that. Got it home finally, syncing it up and waiting for activation. My son in New York is waiting for a Facetime call from Cheeseland.

Glad you were successful. Mine is still enroute on a Fedex truck somewhere. That's what I get for living in the country. Last stop.
What did you pay for the bumper?

Wow that really does suck. :( But least you can get it replaced asap.

Glad you were successful. Mine is still enroute on a Fedex truck somewhere. That's what I get for living in the country. Last stop.
What did you pay for the bumper?

$30.00. WAY too much! Best to wait for more economical third party product.

It is a sweet phone, little heavier then the other iPhones but I am going to be using it non stop..