What's new

IPhone XR

My eyes really don't see enough difference between the LED and LCD screens (except maybe the incredible black of the LED).
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my X and use it 98% of the time, but it is the whole package - screen, software, size, etc., and the XR is 98% of the package with a larger screen. If I didn't have my X the XR would get serious consideration.

My eyes really don't see enough difference between the LED and LCD screens (except maybe the incredible black of the LED).
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my X and use it 98% of the time, but it is the whole package - screen, software, size, etc., and the XR is 98% of the package with a larger screen. If I didn't have my X the XR would get serious consideration.
I don't think my eyes could tell the difference either...
For me saving ÂŁ350 is worth whatever the XR is missing which is actually hardly anything that's important to me.

Uh oh. Sounds like Apple is drastically cutting back on the production lines of the XR.

Sad news.

Uh oh. Sounds like Apple is drastically cutting back on the production lines of the XR.

Sad news.

Well if it’s impacting the sales of XS and XS max models, which by all accounts it must be, then it’s hardly surprising that they’d make the XR a bit more scarce in the marketplace, at least for now.

My XR is great and the screen resolution for me is excellent, but I’m coming from an SE so there’s no real comparison.

I reckon Apple must be wishing they’d waited a few months before launching the XR. Perhaps not one of their best moves financially!

I feel like we've seen this before with the 5C.

The XR is supposed to target the Android base with a teasing way to get them to come over to the Apple ecosystem, and then you get this. Apple customers don't want cheap, they want solid product with sleek and elevated design. Sure they'll sell a handful of XRs, but not as high demand as they would have hoped. Depending on how this plays out over the next couple of months, we likely won't see "cheaper" options of phone in the future. It's bad for business. I just hope they don't completely discontinue them before the next product cycle. That would be terrible.

The reports are unsubstantiated so let's wait and see.

I’m excited... I actually just got the XR... I couldn’t justify the price of the max and so far I am really digging this phone!

I said it before, there is nothing cheap or nasty about the Xr and I'll be interested to see what the sales figures are after the holidays.

Apple no longer sells the iPhone XR and the iPhone 11 Pro models are no longer available, leaving only the iPhone 11 models.