What's new

IPhone X Face recognition

There was the one time when the sun was shining on it that it didn't recognize me on the first try. I pushed the side button to turn the screen off, brought it back up and it opened right away. No issues with mine at all.

There was the one time when the sun was shining on it that it didn't recognize me on the first try. I pushed the side button to turn the screen off, brought it back up and it opened right away. No issues with mine at all.
But what if at that very moment you really needed your phone it was a life or death item,
I see this like the past push to have firearms that only can fire if the firearm recognizes the person holding it, yeah someone with a knife or their firearm is breaking into your home, you want to trust this new deal with your life?

But what if at that very moment you really needed your phone it was a life or death item,
I see this like the past push to have firearms that only can fire if the firearm recognizes the person holding it, yeah someone with a knife or their firearm is breaking into your home, you want to trust this new deal with your life?
Wow. OK, well in that case, I would just hold the volume and side key until the horn blows.

That took a left turn at Albuquerque. When did you talk about life saving features? Maybe I should read all the threads before responding... Geez.

So what if you lose your fingers in an accident and have to call 911? How are you going to open your phone?

Wow. OK, well in that case, I would just hold the volume and side key until the horn blows.

That took a left turn at Albuquerque. When did you talk about life saving features? Maybe I should read all the threads before responding... Geez.

I was only making my point as for me wanting to turn off the face recognizing item on the X phones. "If i ever buy one"

So what if you lose your fingers in an accident and have to call 911? How are you going to open your phone?
What if you have a face implant ;) EDITED - not relevant to the discussion

Last edited by a moderator:
There are too many What-ifs to cover them, and some of them aren’t very likely.

This thread was meant to help with Face ID, if necessary.

Cracking up on the firearms recognition. I needed a good laugh [emoji23] not sold on iPhone X too many bugs. Waiting for the next iPhone

Cracking up on the firearms recognition. I needed a good laugh [emoji23] not sold on iPhone X too many bugs. Waiting for the next iPhone
Well glad it gave you a good laugh, in my crime infested cow town it's everyday someone get car jacked homes are invaded there a lot of drive by shootings, so many need their firearms to defend themselves.
Anyway i am still very happy with my trusty iPhone6, i had a old flip phone i used for 14 years till i bought my first Apple iPhone4, so if i just keep using my iPhone6 i won't feel un-cool for not laying out $100+ for the new Apple X phone.

Well glad it gave you a good laugh, in my crime infested cow town it's everyday someone get car jacked homes are invaded there a lot of drive by shootings, so many need their firearms to defend themselves.
Anyway i am still very happy with my trusty iPhone6, i had a old flip phone i used for 14 years till i bought my first Apple iPhone4, so if i just keep using my iPhone6 i won't feel un-cool for not laying out $100+ for the new Apple X phone.
$1000 not just $100 <grin>

I'm thinking maybe it's time to move to a safer place...

Still wondering what if there is an emergency that I must use the phone without looking at it....

Not sure, if you can't look at it what good is the finger scan going to do? I can't think of anything I can do with my phone without looking at it besides "Hey Siri..." and throwing it at someone like a rock.