What's new

iPhone X A1901 working on verizon

Scribble1531

Reaction score
Hey everyone, new to the forum. So I went through a bit of confusion on iPhone X models. I was with T-Mobile when I purchased the phone unlocked gsm version. Recently wanted to switch to Verizon. Did some google searching and of course was told the phone would not work on Verizon. But just for the sake of being Sure, I checked the imei on Verizon’s site and it said it would work, I then called their customer service number where they checked it as well. So I went to the Verizon store where they told me it would not work, but when I told the sales guy what I found online he grabbed an active sim and popped it in. Sure enough said phone activated, had full bars lte, made calls, sent and received texts and picture messages so I pulled the trigger and got service.
So far using test mode I’ve verified my phone has used band, 2, 4 and 13 on Verizon’s network. Also while on a call I could still use lte which I also read wouldn’t work.
Anyone else do this switch? Anything I could expect to not work when traveling?
Btw I’m located in Tempe,AZ and so far this phone has been not only better connection on Verizon then T-Mobile, but speed tests are showing much faster connection as well, despite this being the a1901 GSM “only” model.

The LTE coverage on Verizon is most likely better there. GSM only simply means no CDMA, doesn’t mean no LTE. :)

BTW, as an aside, I lived in Tucson, AZ from 1976 until 2015 when I retired and moved to the Philippines.

Are you sure yours is the 1901? If it's GSM only, then it wouldn't work on a CDMA network:

MODEL A1865 A1901 A1902
Description
The iPhone X A1865 is considered the global phone as it works on both GSM and CDMA networks. This phone is also available as a SIM-free factory-unlocked version at Apple Store. The iPhone X A1901 is the GSM version. It is available on AT&T and T-Mobile in the United States, as well as many other Europe and Asia countries. The iPhone X A1902 is the exclusive edition for the Japan market. It covers some LTE bands used only in the country (band 11 for au and SoftBank, band 21 for Docomo, and band 42 for all of these carriers)