What's new

I phone 5 compatability

Bruce Berger

Reaction score
Hi
I'm trying to buy a Verizon i phone 5 and I'm a bit confused about the model #. The phone I am considering is Verizon. Model A1429, ND097LL/A. I was told that this phone is un locked and will work on a GSM network like T- mobile. I see other Verizon model # that are A1429, MD654LL/A that also say they work on GSM networks like T-mobile. What is the difference between the ND prefix and the MD prefix for these models and will both Verizon models work with T-Mobile

Thanks

Welcome to iPhoneForums, Bruce Berger!

The model number is A 1429. The other numbers are the order numbers, so the devices can be identified easier, and show from which country they are.

MD654LL/A is a black iPhone 5 with 16 GB for Verizon. The ND number should be a refurbished iPhone, for the same carrier, afaik.

If the ND version is unlocked, it will work with every provider you choose. As the MD iPhone had Verizon as provider, you'll have to make sure it's unlocked as well, or else it won't accept T-mobile SIM cards.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Thanks I appreciate your response it helps immensely. The person did say that he got the phone was a recent replacement form the apple store, so it's probably a re manufactured (refurbished) phone. Thanks again,