What's new

Iphone wont boot up

king.khoja

Reaction score
So I made a mistake and accidently upgraded to 4.3.4 and so I tried to settle for the teathered JB thats out. I managed to do it successfully, and when I opened cydia the SHSH was 4.3.3. From what I understand that means that I am still able to downgrade back to that firmware? Now my main issues is the downgrade didnt finish as i got a 1013 error in itunes. My iphone is stuck on the picture below. Ive tried to use the JB program to "boot from teather" but nothing that screen just comes back up and Ive also tried to restore back to 4.3.4 to get the phone working atleast but no luck.. Can u guys help in anyway

Attachments

• $iphone screen.JPG
    $iphone screen.JPG
    6.6 KB · Views: 261
error 1013 while upgrading iOS via itune fix
1. Go to C drive and look for Windows folder, then System32 followed by drivers and then finally etc folder

C:\Windows\System32\drivers \etc

2. In the etc folder you can see hosts file.

3. Open the hosts file using notepad and remove the following lines that says Ags.apple.com

Reboot your computer and restore the iOS 4.3.3 manually if you are sure that you have ever saved that iOS shsh or restore it back to the latest iOS 4.3.4

Thanks so much bab2010, I finally was able to bring back the phone to usable state :D Now my last question is, as you can see in the pic below its says my shsh is 4.3.3. I am currently running 4.3.4, does this mean I am still able to downgrade to 4.3.3? I dont remember saving any shsh blobs

Attachments

• $photo(1).jpg
    $photo(1).jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 235
No, it doesn't completely mean that you can downgrade to iOS 4.3.3
It means that the first jailbreak made on that device was when iOS 4.3.3 was installed and running in the iPhone, which means that you have never runned iOS 4.3.2 on the phone or if you did run ios 4.3.2 on the phone then you have never jailbreaked that iOS 4.3.2.
Now there are option in cydia to save shsh or tool like TinyUmbrella which also serve to save shsh. If you remember using TinyUmbrella to save your iOS 4.3.3 shsh when you were running iOS 4.3.3 on your phone then you should be able to restore back to iOS 4.3.3 same if you remember saving the shsh via cydia by pushing "make my life easier" or something like that.
You can figure it all out by downloading the latest version of TinyUmbrella from Internet to your computer, run it and plug your iPhone to your computer. Make sure that your iTunes is close. Once tinyUmbrella read your phone, it will display any save shsh there and the version of the iOS which shsh was saved. From that moment, you will be able to downgrade back to 4.3.3 otherwise you won't be able to downgrade.

As far as I remember I never used tinyubrella or "make my life easier" option in cydia to save the shsh blobs. However I downloaded tinyubrella to see what my saved shsh's are on my phone and the pic shows my results. I tried to save shsh blobs while im on 4.3.4 but nothing shows up its just continues to show the 4.3.3 saved blobs. So does it look like I can downgrade? if so how would I do that? thanks for all the help in advance :D

Attachments

• $Untitled.jpg
    $Untitled.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 241
Yeah it seems like you can downgrade to 4.3.3
In tinyUmbrella there is an option saying "start TTS Server" select that option and follow screen instruction. If the latest version of tinyUmbrella doesn't help downgrading then try with version 4.33.02
But first of all try to downgrade directly using iTunes shift and restore. I hope that you are already having the ipsw 4.3.3 downloaded and ready to be located when you press shift + restore. Remember to leave tinyUmbrella opened in the back ground while doing this. If it fails then use the TTS Server option in tinyUmbrella.