What's new

Stupidly upgraded unlocked iphone 4 to ios 5. Is it a paper weight now?

brandnew22

Reaction score
I have tried searching the forum for a sufficient response. It seems mixed. Some people say they have tethered jailbroken iphone 4 so it works with ios 5. Basically, I upgraded to ios 5, freaked out when I realized it doesn't work on jailbroken phones and stayed up until 6 am this morning trying to get it back to 4.3.3 or 4.3.4 (the only shsh's that were backed up). Basically, as you probably know, the baseband is stuck on 4.11.08. Is there any possible way to restore to 4.3.5 (which i never had on the iphone, i think the latest i had was 4.3.4) and to downgrade my baseband?? Or is it completely done for? Are there other alternatives for downgrading? If there is a post that answers this sufficiently please post. Otherwise, advice is NEEDED. Thanks

FYI: I have an o2 gevey sim card. If I buy a whole new sim directly from a major provider could this override the problem? Basically I'm trying to figure out whether to just buy a new iphone and sell this on ebay or if there is a way to revive this thing.

There is still hope for you :). Essential part is your SHSH file for ios 4.3.3. You can get Tiny Umbrella, wonderfull app which is able to bypass apple activation (which was normally expired for older IOS versions) after you load the clean IOS 4.3.3 with iTunes.

Download clean IOS 4.3.3 for iphone 4 ( see redmond pie site for links), start Tiny Umbrella wher you can get your Shsh file from Cydia, start tls server (for bypassing apple activation), force iphone to go in DFU mode, start iTunes and restore IOS 4.3.3 ( Option+restore). After this you can connect wirellesly to www.jailbreakme.com to make jailbreak.
Good luck!