What's new

Iphone Virgin from the UK

Hudson01

Reaction score
Well at the tender age of 48 years old i have just purchased my first ever smartphone.... i have a used Iphone 3gs, not even switched it on yet !!! I need to get myself a pay as you sim card which i will do this Friday. Up until now i have just had a normal mobile phone which when i remembered i switched on and maybe put into my pocket !!

Am i in for a big surprise on what i can do with it ? And where the hell do i start in learing how to put my cd collection on it, upload apps, which apps should i get, just how much internet usage do i need for a month..... etc etc.

I think it will be a very big learning curve to come !

Oh, its the 32gb version in black.

Looking forward to speaking with you all over the next few weeks.

For music start with Itunes. You will just sync your Iphone with Itunes on your Mac or PC. You can specify either all of your music or specific playlists...or just specific songs. I have roughly 2600 songs and that takes up around 25gb. The apps....it all depends on what you want and want to do.

How many gigs of data you want depends on what you plan on doing. Simple email won't use much. Start streaming and downloading things such as music and movies...you're in a whole different world then depending how much you do.

Welcome aboard btw from another new guy. I'm somewhat new to the Iphone but not to smart phones or Ipods.

Thats for the welcome, i will be getting my Orange sim tomorrow and then i am off and running !