What's new

Forum for "Virgin Mobile" USA iPhone 4S users, lets start one right here!

Whiteiphonefive

Reaction score
While there may well be a host of issues to address that are specific to Virgin Mobile (united states) subscribers who are using the iPhone 4S, I believe that there will be many like myself who have bought an un-subsidized iPhone 4S for virgin mobile USA and both apple and virgin are not able to do much about getting these devices unlocked for the sake of using them internationally. Domestic use for gsm carriers should also be "allowed" in theory, but it is more important to me to be able to use MY bought and paid for iPhone 4S INTERNATIONALLY, especially since it doesn't give any benefit to not unlock our iphone 4s's to Virgin Mobile USA because they do not have any agreements with any "INTERNATIONAL PARTNERS". If they did have int'l partners then ok, they could refuse to unlock our phones and we would be forced to play along and use those partners when traveling internationally.

So silly!

So, while I haven't really figured out how a new forum gets started here, I think there is a demand for one that will address the issues as I described above.

Perhaps within that forum a separate thread discussing any successful methods using a Gevey or GPP sim method.

Another thread within the forum might be to investigate the possibility of forming a class action lawsuit against virginmobileusa if it is feasible, at least someone will need to show up and tell us why they won't vs. "can't " unlock our phones.

One "bottom line" concept for Virgin Mobile USA to realize is this:

If the iPhone 4S's that they offer "could" be unlocked for international use, it would make purchasing an iPhone 4S from them more attractive than ever. Heck, even if the sold it completely unlocked, meaning the phones could be used with AT&T, or Tmobile or any of their respective NVMO's, that gives the buyer of such a phone far greater value for his or her investment and NO, Virgin should not be worried about losing subscribers, just the opposite, as long as they continue to offer the great value and good customer service as I have experienced.

It seems a lot of virgin users would love to have an iPhone but the price has been a little high for most to take the plunge, especially when there is a very niche market for reselling a virgin iPhone albeit they command top dollar, if, and when they can be found on Craigslist of eBay. i bought my 4s 16 for $300 on Craigslist, and saw the same thing on eBay for much more. While the price on the virginmobileusa.com website is currently $382.49, 15% off, including shipping. I guess that they are sitting on a lot of those units because the old price was $449. And, if or when Virgin gets the iPhone 5 will it be unlocked? If it is, I could save myself all of this ranting and raving, sell the bloody 4s and move along.

Heaven knows what the price will be so, I'll keep working on this issue. I really dread the thought of cramming a turbo sim thingy into my sim slot, never mind issues around IOS updating issues and what about going back and forth from CDMA to GSM?

Gotta give them credit; for a prepaid service, you are pretty much as locked to them as you would be with a tracfone.