What's new

iPhone Unlock Forever!

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2oq04jx6uw]YouTube - iPHONE UNLOCK FOREVER! - iOS Vlog 359[/ame]​

Negri Electronic(name butchered in the video) has released a service that will unlock your iPhone for $175. The service works by adding your iPhone's IMEI number to the list of factory unlocked phones. This way you can connect it to iTunes, after your device has been added, and the program will say you are unlocked. Now you can update your device, screw around with the firmwares, and not have to worry if you still have a working phone. Many people around forums are saying they've had success with this service and Negri has been trusted in the past as a legit site. $175 is a lot of dough to waste just incase this is some sort of giant scam, waiting for more testimonials would be the best bet. More info as the story unfolds, stay tuned.

Negri Electronics' Service Here:
Remote Unlocking Service for Any Apple iPhone (Permanent)

very good news for the unlockers here who rely on unlock or att people in america or other countries who are locked to one carrier and have no other official choice of carrier..

though you pay what $200 for the iphone? then another $175 for the service? thats pretty close to factory un locked price, though you do save 100-200 $ so thats good. but it also means it will work for any future devices! not just only for the 4 or 3gs :D

if this takes off and works and lots of people use it then the dev teams have no reason to try unlock any more, well apart from those who want free unlock and dont mind relying on them unlock tools.. will be interesting to see some reviews on this people who use it and need it..

me i just buy it factory unlocked, though even they have been known to lock up to the first network you use it on :S

Last week,I bought iphone4 factory unlocked,and itself is unlocked

thats exactly what i did, but i pre ordered mine on the 15th june 2010 and received it 24th june 1pm..

but some countries like america dont have the choice of factory unlocked, not in their country any way or some people just dont have the cash to spend on a factory unlocked device that can cost some countries over 1000...

for me its factory unlocked or nothing at all but for some its not so simple and they end up relying on unlock tools..

Guys, Read elsewhere in some blog that after we pay $175 to unlock the phone and upon email confirmation that the phone is unlocked we need to connect the phone to itunes. But there is a catch here:

Once connected to itunes we need to update the existing iOS on the phone to the latest iOS (currently 4.3.1) and only then we receive confirmation via itunes that your phone is unlocked, though not sure how far this is true!

Guys, Read elsewhere in some blog that after we pay $175 to unlock the phone and upon email confirmation that the phone is unlocked we need to connect the phone to itunes. But there is a catch here:

Once connected to itunes we need to update the existing iOS on the phone to the latest iOS (currently 4.3.1) and only then we receive confirmation via itunes that your phone is unlocked, though not sure how far this is true!

It seems to be true but there is no garante that apple won't stop it or your carrier remove your imei and that's your money lost

I have a factory unlocked nokia E71.

Use that phone when in europe

Sounds like Apple has fixed the factory unlock hack by IMEI method. Guys who have updated to 4.3.2 iOS after they got their phone factory unlocked recently by paying $175 got their phone locked again. See the link below:

IPhone: iOS 4.3.2 Locks Factory Unlocked iPhones (WARNING)

Does this mean that we still have hope to unlock our phones by this IMEI method by retaining our current iOS and Baseband (in my case 4.2.1 and 3.10.1) without updating iOS via itunes is a big question for me?. But even if its true then i would say the IMEI is not a factory unlock and just an ordinary unlock and spending $175 for this unlock is really not worth.

Your comments guys!!

Sounds like Apple has fixed the factory unlock hack by IMEI method. Guys who have updated to 4.3.2 iOS after they got their phone factory unlocked recently by paying $175 got their phone locked again. See the link below:

IPhone: iOS 4.3.2 Locks Factory Unlocked iPhones (WARNING)

Does this mean that we still have hope to unlock our phones by this IMEI method by retaining our current iOS and Baseband (in my case 4.2.1 and 3.10.1) without updating iOS via itunes is a big question for me?. But even if its true then i would say the IMEI is not a factory unlock and just an ordinary unlock and spending $175 for this unlock is really not worth.

Your comments guys!!

its not surprising that apple would fix it, this is why it was best for people to wait instead of rushing and getting their unlocked using this method, apple will always fight back and manage to close holes that allow jailbreaking or unlocking. and recently they close the holes very quickly.

its not surprising that apple would fix it, this is why it was best for people to wait instead of rushing and getting their unlocked using this method, apple will always fight back and manage to close holes that allow jailbreaking or unlocking. and recently they close the holes very quickly.

Sorry for the OT: Thanks for your valuable comments and my intuition which i followed and did not make a fool out of myself by paying this hefty sum for factory unlock! couple of days back i got tempted and was about to make payment to CUTYOURSIM guys and that is when i thought i will first post here before making any decision :)

Now it would be wise to play wait and watch game rather than losing money worthlessly. I am ready to wait patiently for next 2 months till then i will keep dreaming about unlock :D

good thing you waited then otherwise you would pretty much have spent $165 or so for a 4.3.1 unlock.

Very interesting indeed!
It would be awesome if you could get an unlocked iphone to work for with Metro PCS and Sprint.

Chupacabra-Top-.jpg