What's new

My Tamagotchi Forever Coming to iOS March 15

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
My Tamagotchi Forever Coming March 15.JPG

Tamagotchi digital pets that were a huge craze 20 years ago are about to make a big comeback on iOS with the forthcoming “My Tamagotchi Forever” free-to-play game, which will be released on March 15, according to AppleInsider.

The game already had a soft launch in several countries at the end of last year, but on March 15 it will be available to everyone worldwide. If you sign up for updates at My Tamagotchi Forever, you’ll be entered in a draw to win the chance to be the inspiration for a new Tamagotchi character that will be added to the game.

Tamagotchi digital pets first appeared in Japan in 1996 in pocket electronic devices. You had to feed the pets and look after them to keep them alive. They became a worldwide phenomenon in 1997, and have continued in some form or other ever since, particularly in Japan, with games for the Nintendo Wii and Nintendo DS.

Doubtless, the incredible success of Pokémon Go over the past couple of years has prompted Bandai Namco to release an iOS version of Tamagotchi, “spreading love to a whole new generation of caring fans.”

Source: Digital pets from the '90s set to make a comeback in 'My Tamagotchi Forever" on March 15