What's new

iPhone stuck on restore screen

inieuwoudt1

Reaction score
To be honest i did Jailbreak my device. My device was running slow so I backed up everything on my computer using Syncios. I went to settings - reset - erase all content and settings. My phone went into restore mode but got stuck (the progress bar didn't load). I did a hard reset and it went back to the Restore screen, again stuck.

When i put it in DFU mode my computer pops up iTunes. I clicked ctrl + shift + restore iPhone for a "no update" restore (just the restore). I received this error: The software required for this iPhone is not installed correctly. Please reinstall iTunes to install the required software (which also didn't work).

I downloaded the ispw (ios 8.1.2) and held Shift + Restore iPhone and got the following error: The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occured (3194)

I also used TinyUmbrella to start a TSS server (Found the tutorial online) and tried both of the steps i did but it also didn't work.

Any help would be appreciated

First, erasing all content and settings does not work on a jailbroken device and will result in the problems you've experienced.

Second, you can't install iOS 8.1.2 on an iPhone 5c because Apple is no longer signing iOS 8.1.2. This is why you're getting the 3194 error. You have to update to iOS 8.2.

try this tutorial to get your iPhone working again on the latest iOS version. TUTORIAL - Failsafe method to restore the current version of IOS Apple iPhone Forum

Last edited:
First, erasing all content and settings does not work on a jailbroken device and will result in the problems you've experienced.

Second, you can't install iOS 8.1.2 on an iPhone 5c because Apple is no longer signing iOS 8.1.2. This is why you're getting the 3194 error. You have to update to iOS 8.2.

try this tutorial to get your iPhone working again on the latest iOS version. TUTORIAL - Failsafe method to restore the current version of IOS Apple iPhone Forum

Saves me having to write all this [emoji106]
Never use restore all content and settings on jailbroken device as you have now learnt and don't look for jailbreak for 8.2 as there is none so that saves you some time.
We all learn as we go.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk