What's new

Iphone Stuck In Recovery

Furniss11

Reaction score
I was updating the second update for ios7 today and just before completion there was a error in iTunes and aid it could not complete. After this my iphone has been stuck in recovery mode. I have tried to use different software's to get it out of recovery but there not working it seems its stuck. I have also tried to get it in DFU but its tricky as my power button is broken. I think i can restore it, but i cant as i will lose all my data. iTunes by default has created a backup for me but i dont know once restored how i would get my data back as this backup folder is all encrypted, so i cant see my photos for example. I'm in urgent need to sort this, would appreciate if someone can help me!

iTunes does not backup your device for you, only you can have iTunes backup your device.

If you can get your device to turn off, you can boot it into Recovery for use with a DFU IPSW with iTunes. If not, you'll have to open up the back housing of the device, remove the battery, assemble it again, and boot into recovery

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

when itunes syncs, it says backing up, is that not backing up the iphone then?

how can i turn it off as you suggested?

That's not a full backup. It's just a "safe point" in case something goes wrong during the syncing.

If you can somehow gain access to your Assistive Touch settings, you can turn your device off using Assistive Touch. If not, you'll need to either wait for your device to drain out on its own, or take the battery out for a few minutes, then reassemble the device to turn it off the crude way.

surely there's an easy way to fix this, all i did was upgrade my firmware.

I cant use assistance touch as its stuck in recovery mode.

'you can boot it into Recovery for use with a DFU IPSW with iTunes'

can you explain how you do this?

Here. Since your device is in Recovery Mode as is, you can try and see if iTunes accepts it.