What's new

iphone stolen - Facebook app

trjp11

Reaction score
Hi,

My iphone 3GS was stolen from me on Sunday. I have done all of the obvious things like make a police report, block the SIM, and change all my passwords.

I appreciate that the theives can still access data stored on my iphone, but I just wanted to check that changing passwords is enough to stop them accessing and using my email, Facebook etc.

In particular I heard that changing my Facebook password on my laptop is not enough to stop them from logging in via the iphone app? Is this true, or will it recognise the password change and prompt them if they try to use the app?

Thanks for your help, I'm sure you'll understand that I'm a bit paranoid about my personal information, even though I expect they'll just wipe the phone and sell it abroad.

Facebook app will recognize password change and ask him to input the new password. But he will still have troubles figuring out what is your lock screen pass code.

Thanks bab, yeah it's passcode protected so the chav who took it won't have a clue, although I expect he could easily pay someone to unlock everything. Although I assume it is quite difficult to use a stolen phone on UK networks, so I assume my nice iphone is on its way to Africa.

Thanks bab, yeah it's passcode protected so the chav who took it won't have a clue, although I expect he could easily pay someone to unlock everything. Although I assume it is quite difficult to use a stolen phone on UK networks, so I assume my nice iphone is on its way to Africa.

My guess is that he will just connect it to iTunes and restore the iOS to factory, and yes he can sell it to relatives in Africa or even in Europe.