What's new

Facebook App Issues

christa7766

Reaction score
Has anyone else been experiencing issues with the iPhone Facebook App? I have the iPhone 4 and have found that my Facebook does not fully update unless I do a full iPhone reboot. Sometimes the indicator is lit on Facebook to indicate that I have new post, but when I go to look at it, the update does not come up. As a result, I'm missing some posts to my wall, etc.

yes i took mine out in the end,Facebook is so buggy.

You took yours out? Do you mean you reinstalled it or just got rid of it?

it happened to me on my iphone 4 too. it used to do that and then i reinstalled it and worked good for a couple of weeks and then had to do it again. but on my 4s it doesnt happen. well yet anyway

Fb for iPhone is rubbish :(
If you read the reviews at the app store, you will find that the latest update is the worse ever, fortunately I read the reviews before updating and have the older version, it's still rubbish ( for a HUGE company like fb) but seems to be better than what's currently on offer..

One theory is, Facebook gets it's money from advertising, there is no adverts on the iPhone app, so let's make it rubbish and people will log in via safari ....

i will pick the iphone app over the mobile web page anyday. the iphone app is so much better than the android app. yes i have used both

i will pick the iphone app over the mobile web page anyday. the iphone app is so much better than the android app. yes i have used both
I came to iPhone from Android and am very happy to see that Facebook is better on the iPhone. I do think tintbob has a point about the advertising revenue, though.

If you read the reviews at the app store, you will find that the latest update is the worse ever, fortunately I read the reviews before updating and have the older version, it's still rubbish ( for a HUGE company like fb) but seems to be better than what's currently on offer..

One theory is, Facebook gets it's money from advertising, there is no adverts on the iPhone app, so let's make it rubbish and people will log in via safari ....
i think Facebook has just got too big and they make far too many changes that are not always for the better.

You may be onto something there! The latest update is indeed the worst by far! You're lucky you heard about it before you installed it!

And to add some balance I've had no issues with Facebook on my iPhone 4.

The mb size was racking up so a quick delete and re install resolved that.

Yes, i have the experience with iPhone Facebook App and i am happy that it is better on the iPhone. I can understand your problem even my two friends are also suffer it and i think it would be the problem with Facebook issue not with the iPhone 4S Facebook app..