What's new

iPhone 'sn0wbreeze' issue (bought phone without realising)

Steel.Hawk

Reaction score
I recently bought an iPhone 3gs, that has some custom firmware called 'sn0wbreeze'. I thought it'd be a simple case of restoring the iPhone to remove this firmware and get it back to factory settings. However I'm having alot of trouble doing so. When I click 'restore and update' it begins to prepare. During this time, the iPhone turns itself off. I'm not sure if this is some sort of 'safety' feature that comes with 'sn0wbreeze' but since trying, my iPhone 3GS will not turn on, instead it just keeps the 'sn0wbreeze' logo onscreen.

Is there anyone else who has had this issue and, more importantly, resolved it? your help is greatly appreciated.

[Steel.Hawk]

You'll need to put the iPhone in device firmware update mode, or also known as DFU mode before you can restore. To do this, go to the sn0wbreeze logo screen, and press and hold both the power and home buttons for 7 seconds (your screen should become black), then release the power button BUT keep holding the home button or another 10-15 seconds until your computer recognizes your iPhone. iTunes should say your iPhone is in recovery mode but your screen should stay black with no logos.