What's new

iPhone SE Has a Better Battery Life Than iPhone 6S and iPhone 5S

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
NcOV5IG.png
Most of us can agree that iPhone batteries have become a lot more tolerable when it come to drainage. Before the iPhone 6, and especially the iPhone 6 Plus, most user would have to bring a charger wherever they go, and charge devices multiple times a day.

The larger iPhones can usually last an entire day without really needing a charge, but what about the new iPhone SE? According to ETSupply, the iPhone 6S trapped in an iPhone 5S body sports a better battery than both. Looking at the chart provided above, the iPhone SE's slighting larger body has made room for a 1624 mAh battery, in contrast to the 1560 mAh battery found in the iPhone 5S.

The chart shows battery usage for several things including: Audio, Video, Wi-Fi browsing, LTE browsing, 3G browsing, and 3G talk for the three different iPhones. It is no surprise as the smaller screen allows for less battery usage, meaning users will need to charge the iPhone SE less than the 6S or 5S.

Interesting that its really only mildly better performance than the 6S

When I get the SE, I'll put it thru the paces.
I'm on my cell at work all day.
My 5S drinks using Bluetooth or some apps using updating within cell data.

I don't get worked up over battery life anymore. I only keep a phone 2 years at most. The battery has always lasted that long, even with heavy use. I did cut it close with my iPhone 5. But that was with extremely heavy use. I'm just not going to worry with it. If it goes bad, I'll buy another one. But, I've always made it to the upgrade. [emoji4]