What's new

iFixit's iPhone SE Teardown Finds Many Interchangeable Parts With iPhone 5S

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
ifixitiphonese.jpg
This week electronic repair site iFixit did a teardown of the new iPhone SE, completely ripping it apart piece by piece. The site gave the device a 6 out of 10 repairability rating, with 10 being the most difficult on the scale.

What we learned from the teardown is that the iPhone SE actually has many interchangeable parts from the iPhone 5S. The most important being the display, which is identical to the 5S and can be swapped out using the same parts for that model.

Other interchangeable components include the speaker, chassis, vibrator, SIM tray, display assembly, digitizer, front camera, earpiece speaker, and proximity sensor. Unfortunately the parts that are not interchangeable include the logic board, rear camera, Lightning connector, and the battery.

The iPhone SE's camera and battery both have new connectors, which cannot be used on an iPhone 5S. Folks who were hoping to swap out their 5S battery with the larger one in the SE are out of luck.

How come they got one before proper customers, who are still waiting?

Gregory Isaacs r.i.p.

I thought ifixit were the USA

Gregory Isaacs r.i.p.

You're welcome.

Just read my own post and saw that l missed a word out
( in ) in the other forum l follow last week a lady had a question about her brakes the fluid level was low, or so the Dealers had said.
Now if you know it or not brake fluid takes in moisture from the air,making it and l can't spell this word :) Hydroscopic
I must admit that l got a bit mifted with the guy for correcting my spelling.
But you just ignored the fact that l missed out the word l find that great thanks man or woman