What's new

iPhone requires restore, error 23?

christy.shaw

Reaction score
I recieved a second hand iPhone 3G today, and it seemed to be working fine for a few hours. I got a text from my network giving me a link to download a profile for browser settings, which I downloaded. Maybe a coincidence, but after I did this my network had no signal, wifi wouldn't connect etc. I uninstalled the profile, and my phone came up with a message saying a restore was needed, and proceeded to go to the black and white apple logo screen.

Steps I have taken so far with this issue are:

1. Hard reset - the phone just returned to the black and white apple logo screen and didn't boot up.

2. Connecting to iTunes to do a restore - the phone took a while to be recognised, and then iTunes had an error message saying it needed to be restored. I tried to restore it and got another message saying to device could not be found.

3. Putting into recovery mode and doing a restore - this time iTunes did find the phone, and allow me to restore, however at the end of the process I got an error with code (23).

I've ran out of things to try now, any ideas? What is this error 23?

My phone is now on a loop, it sits on the black and white apple logo screen for ten seconds or so, then swaps to the "emergency call only" screen with connect to iTunes too.

I'm sure it's the logic board
Hope you're under warranty
Otherwise you're phone is a big paper weight