What's new

Trying to Restore via iTunes... Stuck Cycling Apple Logo

Thomasjtsi

Reaction score
Working on an iPhone 4. Unknown iOS version, age or history of phone. Plug it into the wall and the "USB Connect to iTunes" logo comes up. Connect to the computer and iTunes won't recognize the iPhone as is. Entered PWNED DFU mode via iReb and attempted a straight restore via iTunes... after about 15 seconds the iPhone screen starts cycling from black to the Apple logo, back and forth every 8 seconds. Tried same as before, only this time have the 5.1 IPSW downloaded.... did the Shift-Restore and selected the 5.1 IPSW and still begins to cycle back and forth the black screen and Apple logo. With both methods, the iTunes status bar continues to say "Verifying iPhone restore with Apple" until a 1602 error comes up eventually. Suggestions?

Sounds like it could be a hardware issue, 16xx errors usually happen when you are trying to restore a custom firmware and the device is not in Pwned-DFU mode. Have you tried a different computer?

Jmills87 said:
Sounds like it could be a hardware issue, 16xx errors usually happen when you are trying to restore a custom firmware and the device is not in Pwned-DFU mode. Have you tried a different computer?

That's what I was reading about the 16xx errors. I'll try it out on a different computer then.

Well... I've tried it on two other computers. My desktop AND my mom's MB. So... what's next?!? LOL!!

Go to redsn0w
Go into extra
And go to get out of iTunes error etc...

Or put it DFU mode and try to restore it from there.

If that won't work. It's a hardware problem

Ok... I'll try the FixRecovery option. That's in Extras while using redsn0w correct? As far as DFU goes... I've tried straight straight restoring via iTunes in DFU & pwned DFU. As well as Shift+Restore via iTunes w/ the 5.1 IPSW download (in both DFU and pwned DFU) ... using Leigh's Failsafe How-To... LOL!!!

The fix recovery is located in the extra of redsn0ws.
If on windows, click run as Administrator.
If there is no ipsw on it. Then it would not work.

The fix recovery is located in the extra of redsn0ws. If on windows, click run as Administrator. If there is no ipsw on it. Then it would not work.
"If there's no IPSW on it" what do you mean Shadox?

Check and see what SHSH you have with all tools.

iFaith
tIny Umbrella
redsn0w

Use all 3 tools to see what SHSH you have. Use redsn0w to verify that the APTicket is there if there are blobs.

Use iFaith or redsn0w to build a self signed IPSW with those blobs, Enter PWNED DFU mode, shift+restore to that custopm ipsw and see what happens,

Always check and see what SHSH a device has if you dont know. That would have been the first thing I did with all 3 SHSH tools.

Check and see what SHSH you have with all tools.

iFaith
tIny Umbrella
redsn0w

Use all 3 tools to see what SHSH you have. Use redsn0w to verify that the APTicket is there if there are blobs.

Use iFaith or redsn0w to build a self signed IPSW with those blobs, Enter PWNED DFU mode, shift+restore to that custopm ipsw and see what happens,

Always check and see what SHSH a device has if you dont know. That would have been the first thing I did with all 3 SHSH tools.

i had the same problem too as TS but redsnow hang at the "waiting for reboot " portion...
be it im trying to fix recovery or fetch shsh

desmond said:
i had the same problem too as TS but redsnow hang at the "waiting for reboot " portion...
be it im trying to fix recovery or fetch shsh

Dowload USBView and check to see what your ECID is....then use redsn0w & iFaith to check hat ECID for any available SHSH files. If there there...then make an Ipsw with them.

He means if like the restore process is incomplete, and the iOS firmware was not fully loaded. Which can happen. However an iDevice can't not have an iOS firmware on it tho. it's always on one iOS......Just sometimes it not completely loaded. which is why Fix recovery tools will not work.

You said you can get the USB cable logo right?

Well because of that you can use a free tool called USBView. Look up how to find ECID with USB View. easy.

With this ECID do this:

Open redsn0w, click Extras, click SHSH, Then click Query. Now type in the ECID and wait.

Open iFaith, and click on "Show Available SHSH Caches on Server. Now type in the ECID and see what SHSH blobs show up.

Open Tiny Umbrella and rite on the first page that loads, click on the "Manual ECID" button in the bottom right corner and fill out the spaces accordingly.

Post back if you find any SHSH blobs whatsoever. Hopefully you got some iFaith blobs. That would be nice.lol

I was trying to downgrade my ios/BB. Yeah, I know. :( I was at 5.0.1/04.11.08 now I can't do anything. I can get to the screen that says I need to restore. I just can't restore. I get all kinds of errors. -1 was my fav. Also, I've had 11, 1600, 1601, 1602, etc. I've tried uninstalling itunes and everything that comes with it. rebooting. I'm out of options and request your help. I want to go back to 5.0.1. Not really wanting to go to 5.1

TIA

Justin