What's new

iPhone not work after downgrade

Pramodh

Reaction score
Hi,

I saw a tutorial online and downgraded my ios from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3 for a tethered jailbreak on my iphone 4. since then the phone would not work(no display,no apple logo at start, no connect to itunes after dfu, nothing, just a black screen) I tried kicking it out of recovery loop and reinstalling ios4.3.5 and failed. I tried tinyumbrella, ireb, itunes restore to ios 5.0.1 and everything possible to fix my iphone 4 .. but all failed and my phone would not work(no display). i also looked online and they said llb would be missing . If any of you could help me fix this issue and get my phone to work on any ios, would be great, . Thanks in advance. Please please help .

-Pramodh

Hi, f4780y

i just kept getting different error codes every time .. i checked for a fix online and a different error code would come up. so i gave up and did an update and restore on a mac .. it worked, but a gevey sim would not work, even after jailbreak.

:(

Pramodh said:
Hi, f4780y

i just kept getting different error codes every time .. i checked for a fix online and a different error code would come up. so i gave up and did an update and restore on a mac .. it worked, but a gevey sim would not work, even after jailbreak.

:(

Did you read the warning at the top of the tutorial? You didn't mention unlock till now, but if you upgraded to 5 without preserving your baseband you are out of luck. There is no way to unlock ios5 basebands with Gevey yet. It is impossible.