What's new

iPhone Has Come UnGlued / Uncommunicative ??

NorPlan

Reaction score
:oops: Trying to assist a friend get her iPhone back on track... Apparently she Received an Advertisement in Text Form.. In her attempt to Remove / Delete, things just went downhill from there.. Everything Siri talking Jiberish in HiSpeed, to Touch Activation not responding to the touch, generally just Freezing Up.. Powering Down for 2 minutes then turning Power back on to No Avail.. Ideas & Advice Appreciated , Cheers Thanks;):)

Did you also try a reset, using Home and Power button?

Also try resetting all settings, if the reset doesn't help (Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings).

Has the text been removed?

Did you also try a reset, using Home and Power button?

Also try resetting all settings, if the reset doesn't help (Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings).

Has the text been removed?

:oops: Thanks J.A. Will follow your Prompts.. Not sure if Text Was removed.. Will get back oneway or the other.. Cheers :)

J.A. Followed Your Prompts.. Managed to get the page with all the Apps came up and Siri seems to have slowed down.. Apparently my friend had somehow touched a setting that had Siri talk like Alvan the Chipmunk in HiSpeed.... Trying now to Turn Off Voice Over Setting.. Can't seem to find it ??

Try Settings>General>Accessibility>Click on Voice over and see what the speaking rate is. Perhaps that is it. This is the same area as the toggle for Voice Over. Also, check Accessibility Shortcut at the bottom of the Accessibilty page and be sure she doesn't have that set to Voice Over. If she did she probably triple clicked and that is what caused the problem for her.

Try Settings>General>Accessibility>Click on Voice over and see what the speaking rate is. Perhaps that is it. This is the same area as the toggle for Voice Over. Also, check Accessibility Shortcut at the bottom of the Accessibilty page and be sure she doesn't have that set to Voice Over. If she did she probably triple clicked and that is what caused the problem for her.

:rolleyes: 10-4 On the Triple Click, Unfortunately I'm having to tell Her the iPhone doesn't Bite Physically and it's not a Hot Potatoe she's Tapping if you get my meaning :);).. She's had the iPhone a couple years now , her Kid's are trying to convince her to Trade Up.. Technology and Seniors sometimes don't mix to well..lol..

Careful with that senior stuff. I am probably older than she is c

This senior manages Technology very well :)
Careful with that senior stuff. I am probably older than she is c

My Apologies ... I don't want to take the iPhone away from Her, my objective is to guide her as best I can letting her do the Clicking & Swiping .. She has difficulty bring up the Home Page with all the Apps.. The iPhone has now developed a Double Clicking routine to advance anywhere.. Plus for whatever reason the iPhone will dial up a contact at random..

She now tells me she had activated the Voice Over option in Accessibilities but realized it would caused confusion , hence she tried to Undo what she did ... Cheers Thanks

My Apologies ... I don't want to take the iPhone away from Her, my objective is to guide her as best I can letting her do the Clicking & Swiping .. She has difficulty bring up the Home Page with all the Apps.. The iPhone has now developed a Double Clicking routine to advance anywhere.. Plus for whatever reason the iPhone will dial up a contact at random..

She now tells me she had activated the Voice Over option in Accessibilities but realized it would caused confusion , hence she tried to Undo what she did ... Cheers Thanks
No apologies necessary :) Hope she becomes more confident with it.

When all else fails, reset can bring her back to original settings. And the Apple Store gives free classes to familiarize herself with the device.

When all else fails, reset can bring her back to original settings. And the Apple Store gives free classes to familiarize herself with the device.

Unfortunately Home is 35 minutes East of Moncton,NB... No Apple Store in the Maritimes..lol... But my Son has had an iPhone , he managed to Unlock the iPhone and Uncheck the Voice Recognition.. The iPhone is functioning as it should now.. Needless to say My Friend is greatly Releaved..

:);)

Unfortunately Home is 35 minutes East of Moncton,NB... No Apple Store in the Maritimes..lol... But my Son has had an iPhone , he managed to Unlock the iPhone and Uncheck the Voice Recognition.. The iPhone is functioning as it should now.. Needless to say My Friend is greatly Releaved..

:);)
Thanks for letting us know and pleased to hear the problem is solved.