What's new

iPhone for v 4.2.1 problems

JMI026

Reaction score
Hi there,

New member, have just purchased an iPhone 4. Love the phone, hate iTunes as I find it completely un-intuitive!

I downloaded version 4.2.1 and lost all of my apps, can't work out how to restore them or where they have disappeared to. Reading other threads, I need to backup the phone and select the check box to backup but I can't find this in iTunes.........

Have I lost all of these apps now?

Cheers

Jay

hello and welcome to the forum! i remember when i got my first iphone i used to hate tunes but now i dont mind it. there are itunes alternatives so if you google around you might find something better suited for you.

now your apps when you plug in your iphone you need to authorize your computer so it lets you save the paid for apps. you click store > authorise this computer and type in your email and password. then you click on the apps tab and notice on the left there are all your apps with out a tick on them, tick it all and press sync then your apps will be installed. when you sync your iphone itunes auto backs it up and when you restore it tells you to set it up as a new phone or restore to a backup so you can chose that or just use the update feature i find is better then doing a restore each time there is a firmware update...

Welcome.

iTunes can seem like a pain at times but once you get used to the way it works it's quite good. Just bare with it...

iTunes does suck IMO but it's better than the alternatives.