What's new

iPhone 3G (4.2.1. last update jailbreaking)

i would like to downgrade my iPhone 3G(jailbroken4.2.1) from ios 4.2.1. to 3.1.3.

What i will be missing?

Hope i can play all the games and use all the latest apps after downgrade.

Please help i want my iPhone to be faster. I use calendar a lot and it takes lots of time to open and edit it. My spotlight search is all off.Still its very slow. I want to downgrade.

Yeah, downgrade is actually your only one option here. However, there are many apps from the app store which got updated to iOS 4 so yes, you might miss some apps, specialy games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks but games like angr birds rio or street fighter are compatible or not. I know i will missing some apps but my phone will be much faster. Could u guide me from which site tutorials i downgrade my iphone3G.

Last edited:
Thanks but games like angr birds rio or street fighter are compatible or not. I know i will missing some apps but my phone will be much faster. Could u guide me from which site tutorials i downgrade my iphone3G.

I do not have an iOS 3, so i can say if those games will work on iOS 3, what i know is that most of those games have been upgrade to be fully compatible with iOS 4 ans so far as you are going to download them from the app store, it will return you a message saying that your iOS is not compatible.
As for downgrading your iOS from 4 to 4, i will ask to know if you haved saved shsh of iOS 3 before? And maybe apple doesn't sign those old iOS so you might just plug your phone to your itunes and clic "upgrade" button in the summary tab and see if it will advice you with the latest iOS available for your device. If not then you can download iOS 3 off internet and restore it manually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot for ur replies.:)

Hey guys i have downgraded manually my iPhone3g from 4.2.1 to 3.1.3 and VOILA its works like butter i mean very fast and smooth. i love it.

Moreover now i want to jailbreak it now with redsnow, how do i do it. please suggest me a good tutorial/guide.

Thanks a lot for ur replies.:)

Hey guys i have downgraded manually my iPhone3g from 4.2.1 to 3.1.3 and VOILA its works like butter i mean very fast and smooth. i love it.

Moreover now i want to jailbreak it now with redsnow, how do i do it. please suggest me a good tutorial/guide.

iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3G on OS 3.1.2, 3.1.3 Using RedSn0w (Windows)

iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3G on OS 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 Using RedSn0w (Mac)