What's new

New member with problem after 4.2 upgrade

abolis

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a new convert from Android and I'm loving the Apple experience so far. However after the last update I noticed that most of my apps were no longer on my phone. No prob!! I checked the box under "Apps" and voila they re-appeared. But to my horror it was if I had just downloaded them for the 1st time. Meaning ALL data from most apps was GONE!!! So my password keeper lost all my passwords, my to do list lost all my tasks etc. Is there anything I can do to prevent this with the next upgrade?:appstore:

Hello,

I'm a new convert from Android and I'm loving the Apple experience so far. However after the last update I noticed that most of my apps were no longer on my phone. No prob!! I checked the box under "Apps" and voila they re-appeared. But to my horror it was if I had just downloaded them for the 1st time. Meaning ALL data from most apps was GONE!!! So my password keeper lost all my passwords, my to do list lost all my tasks etc. Is there anything I can do to prevent this with the next upgrade?:appstore:
Before you upgrade or restore you iOS, you can create back up first. So when you got some problem, you can use your latest back up. You can back up easily using iTunes

As already said create a back up first. iTunes will ask if you want to do this anyway.

Also just keep that boxed checked and iTunes will leave your apps alone when syncing/upgrading...