What's new

livry13

Reaction score
Over the past few months (since October 2016), my iPhone 6 has been rebooting itself (as though I'm pressing the power and home button simultaneously). When the phone restarts, all of my apps appear as normal, but my pictures, videos, and music are all gone. Slowly, they restore themselves until everything is back to normal. This occurs at random times, and usually my phone will freeze and become unresponsive to touch before shutting itself down and restarting. It sometimes happens a few times within an hour, or only once every few weeks.

This last time, it happened a couple times within two days, and on the second day, it rebooted and none of my photos or videos restored. I kept waiting, but they never appeared. I tried manually closing the photos app, manually rebooting the phone, resetting network settings, resetting all settings, backing up my iPhone, installing the newest update (which I am unable to do because my PC is too old). I called Apple Support and I've chatted with them online, both of which have come with no result.

When I plug in my phone to my PC, it says I have over 30 GB dedicated to "Other." I had over 13,000 pictures, I'm wondering if they got transferred there? Also, when I try to enable iCloud Photo Library, it says that I am unable to because I have 29 GB of pics and videos, and only 3.5 GB of iCloud storage.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to resolve this problem? Or has anyone experienced a similar issue?

I have an iPhone 6 running IOS 9.1

Thanks!!

Over the past few months (since October 2016), my iPhone 6 has been rebooting itself (as though I'm pressing the power and home button simultaneously). When the phone restarts, all of my apps appear as normal, but my pictures, videos, and music are all gone. Slowly, they restore themselves until everything is back to normal. This occurs at random times, and usually my phone will freeze and become unresponsive to touch before shutting itself down and restarting. It sometimes happens a few times within an hour, or only once every few weeks.

This last time, it happened a couple times within two days, and on the second day, it rebooted and none of my photos or videos restored. I kept waiting, but they never appeared. I tried manually closing the photos app, manually rebooting the phone, resetting network settings, resetting all settings, backing up my iPhone, installing the newest update (which I am unable to do because my PC is too old). I called Apple Support and I've chatted with them online, both of which have come with no result.

When I plug in my phone to my PC, it says I have over 30 GB dedicated to "Other." I had over 13,000 pictures, I'm wondering if they got transferred there? Also, when I try to enable iCloud Photo Library, it says that I am unable to because I have 29 GB of pics and videos, and only 3.5 GB of iCloud storage.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to resolve this problem? Or has anyone experienced a similar issue?

I have an iPhone 6 running IOS 9.1

Thanks!!

Update to the newest IOS, which would be 10.2. You can do this by going to settings>general>software update. Once it's done updating. Reset the phone completely and restore as new and NOT from a backup. More often than not, restoring from a backup will carry over old problems. Keep in mind, you can push all your contacts to iCloud and they would all transfer back over without a problem. Same goes for notes and photos. Even your app purchases will be in the cloud so you have nothing to worry about in terms of losing all of your data.

I would wait some to hear more than one solution on your issue.
That because this solution you was given now will erase every photo if they can be saved first.
Don't hurry it can take a little time before you get more answers while people over the world wakes up.
Wish you luck with this and I have hope they solve it for you.

I would wait some to hear more than one solution on your issue.
That because this solution you was given now will erase every photo if they can be saved first.
Don't hurry it can take a little time before you get more answers while people over the world wakes up.
Wish you luck with this and I have hope they solve it for you.

At this point, based off the information supplied, it sounds like the photos have been corrupted. The best bet he/she has at recovering their photos is to plug it into the PC and hit Trust on the iPhone when prompted. Then they could explore the internal storage on the iPhone through windows file explorer.

Υοu should be able to purchase more iCloud space then you could invoke Photo Library.

Another thought, could the phone be crashing because you have exceeded its maximum overall capacity?

Another thought, could the phone be crashing because you have exceeded its maximum overall capacity?

That was my next topic of discussion. With most computers and phones, once hey hit, or get near to their capacity, they become unstable.