What's new

Iphone booting/restore help please!!!

SPFH73

Reaction score
Hi there guys,
I really hope you can help.
I was getting the phone error 1015 on my iphone 3g.
I have used dfu mode to restore to a custom 4.2.1 ipsw and a custom 4.1 ipsw.
I have also used irecovery, ireb, tiny umbrella, recboot and many others to try and boot my phone.
When i use a custom ipsw, where everyone elses seems to go to the emergency screen mine shows a man with his two arms in the air with what looks like russian/greek writing in the speech bubble, not sure which.
It doesnt boot past this,
Nothing seems to be able to get my phone out of recovery mode and to boot.
I bought this iphone so have no idea how it got in recovery mode in the first place!
According to tiny umbrella the phone is on firmware 4.2.1 and on baseband 06.15.00.
Can anybody help me?
Or is it time to throw the thing away!
Cheers

You don't need to run TinyUmbrella. 4.2.1 is the latest 3G firmware which means it's still being signed so there's no need to block Apple's verification servers. 1015 means that you are doing just that. Since you have an iPad baseband you will need to restore a custom 4.2.1 firmware file but don't use Tiny TSS server, just shift+restore it in pwned-DFU mode without blocking Apple's servers.

Im sure if tried this already mate and im sure it just went back into recovery mode with the steve jobs caricature and didnt boot to the emergency screen at all. I will try again though,
So just enter PWND dfu mode and custom restore to 421 and it should work?
Any other suggestions if this doesnt work?
I appreciate the help!

Just tried it again mate and it succesfully restore but booted straight back into recovery mode and itunes said it needed to be restored..
Back to step one again,
Nothing seems to work.
Is there anything else i can try?
Cheers

Just incase it helps,
The iphone is new bootrom
Cheers

Im on mac by the way and i used the pwnage tool with no luck!

Il try that now mate, il download, create custom ipsw, use redsn0w for dfu mode if i cant do it in pwnage tool and update through itunes. il let you know if it boots or goes back into recovery.
Thanks Jmills for your help!

Naa no luck at all mate,
Back at the steve jobs recovery screen,
Its driving me mad now.
Tried atleast 20 guides lol!
Is it time to sell the thing for parts?

Tried that too mate completely no luck,
In 4 days of trying nothing will boot it!
Thanks for your help,
Steve