iPhone 8 plus won't appear in iCloud Find (weird issue)!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone 8 Plus' started by sam hawk, Jul 2, 2020.

1. sam hawk

sam hawk New Member

Hello everyone, i am glad that i finally reach this forum, i am new here and i hope to find solution for my issue
    i have iPhone 8 plus i bought it as second hand "not from apple store", its looks almost new and every thing looks fine without any signs of that devise have been disassembled or opened anyway, i had logged in with my apple ID as normal and every thing worked ordinary, but i wanted to check "The Find My app" and i find out that when i try to enable find my devices it just keep loading for ever, and when i logged in "iCloud Find" i didn't find any devices though "Find My" is turned on in iPhone and GPS is working well too, also when i go to "Device info" i find that "Find my iPhone" is turned off and showing only "Model" and "Version" in device info section
    honesty i didn't understand a thing about what exactly kind of problem is that
    by the way i run now IOS 13.5.1 and i tried "updated from ios 13.3.1 to 13.5.1", "erase all", "creating new apple id", ....
    i hope you help me with that

2. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Have you tried logging into your iCloud account through a browser to see if you can change the status there.

• Like Like x 2
  3. sam hawk

sam hawk New Member

Yes i have logged in iCloud account via browsers from many devices but i only find that... Untitled1.jpg Untitled2.jpg Untitled3.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. carolineM

carolineM Well-Known Member

You have probably done this, but just in case. Go to your iCloud ID in Settings at the top, then to iCloud - then scroll down to Find my iPhone and turn it on from there.

• Like Like x 1
  5. sam hawk

sam hawk New Member

in iPhone device the Find my is activated by default but i dont know why it dose not activating on the iCloud Find service

6. carolineM

I have been doing a bit of digging and two suggestions have come up.
    The first is to make sure the time is correct on your iPhone. It should be automatic, but it’s worth checking under settings. The other possibility is that you are in a country which does not support Find my iPhone.

7. sam hawk

sam hawk New Member

thanks "carolineM" i checked time which is Automatic, and about support for my country i have already tested "Find my iPhone" on my old iPad ios 9 !!!

8. sam hawk

sam hawk New Member

Here how my other device appears compared ti the new one iPhone 8 Plus, and you can notice that iPhone wont show the IMEI !!!
    from browser using pc Untitle7.png

9. carolineM

It is very strange, so perhaps this second-hand phone has been "modified" by the previous owner.

10. sam hawk

sam hawk New Member

like "Unlocking iCloud" ???
    but take in consideration that i could update from ios 13.3.1 to ios 13.5.1

11. sam hawk

sam hawk New Member

Hello everyone, i have iPhone 8 plus i bought it as second hand, its looks almost new and every thing looks fine without any signs of that devise have been disassembled or opened.
    Anyway i had logged in with my Apple ID as normal and every thing worked ordinary, but i wanted to check "The Find My app" and i find out that when i try to enable find my devices it just keeps loading for ever, and when i logged in "iCloud Find" i didn't find any devices!!!

so is bypassing iCloud could be the cause for such an issue?

12. J. A.

J. A. Super Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to iPhone Forums, sam hawk!

I’ve moved your post to the thread you‘ve started before, because all the information you‘ve already provided can be found here, and it‘s still your problem with Find my/iCloud. Keeping all the information to one thread only will be more likely to find a solution for you.

It‘s not possible to bypass iCloud, even though many scam sites promise it‘s working. Doing so would result in a damaged iPhone.

• Like Like x 1
  13. J. A.

J. A. Super Moderator Staff Member

On your iPhone go to Settings - your name - Find My, and make sure Share My Location is enabled.

• Like Like x 1
  14. sam hawk

sam hawk New Member

Thank you J. A. for your help, but i have already enabled Share My Location, and still facing this issue