What's new

Iphone 7 or wait

dgarcia1688

Reaction score
Hello,

So I have never owned an iphone nor have I ever messed with one. I have also never used any mac products. I have been android fan since the beginning and I have sworn by them for so long. I have recently decided to give iphone a shot just to see how I like it. My questions is, 1 should I wait for the 8 which may come in the fall or should I just go for the 7 right now. I will say, I am extremely sick of my S7 and how slow it has gotten over the course of a year.

Thanks i advance for your help

Welcome to iPhone Forums, dgarcia1688!
There are rumours of a possible delay in the launch of the iPhone 8, possibly until next year. The iPhone 7S and 7S Plus should be released in September. You might want to consider waiting until then, unless you can't wait that long.

I think its best to wait if possible, Hard to do I know but you will be really glad you did when September comes around and you have the very latest iPhone in your hand.

Very wise move by the way, You won't regret it.

If you just can't wait, I'll say this. The iPhone 7 plus continues to amaze me!! I have been a long time Apple phone and iPad user, and I must say the 7 plus is one nice darn phone!! If you can wait I am sure it will be worth it, if not, just get a 7 plus. You won't be mad you did! Just some food for thought.

Just to throw in my 2 cents- the first two iPhones I ever bought were <1 month away from the new release. I never felt super out dated or anything.

Apple does some kind of yearly upgrade program but I'm not sure how it works exactly.

Okay thank you. I didn't realize there was going to be more iPhone 7 versions coming out. I really don't know all that much about these phones but I am intrigued at what I do hear about the reliability. Thanks for all the info!

Hi l would go with the recommendation from poisonivy.

I own an iPhone 7 and find that the battery is not all it should be, needing a recharge in less than a day.

Whilst you are waiting for the iPhone 8 range to come it would give you lots of time to explore the internet to discover why your present handy is sooooo slow.

Welcome to the forum

Okay thank you. I didn't realize there was going to be more iPhone 7 versions coming out. I really don't know all that much about these phones but I am intrigued at what I do hear about the reliability. Thanks for all the info!

They usually come out yearly, and there will be a 6, then a 6S, then the 7, then the 7S, etc. 7S hasn't come out yet, but will later this year. I'm not entirely sure what the deal with the 8 coming out also. I think it's a specialty phone and not in the normal iPhone lineup.

Anyways, I switched to iPhone for same reason, Androids eventually get slow over time. None of my iPhones have ever slowed down and I keep each one 2 years. I started with 4, skipped 4S, bought 5, skipped 5S, etc and now have the 7+ (just a bigger 7). I'll skip the 7S and get whatever comes out at end of 2018.

Years on my 5S and 6S Plus are both fast and a pleasure to use so going with a 7 certainly won't make you feel you've settled for a lesser or inferior product. How long you can live with your S7 is what will ultimately determine whether you buy a 7 now or wait for the 7S six months from now