What's new

IPhone 7 microphone

DylanT

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone have this problem or know how to fix it.
my iPhone 7 microphone (and AirPods when connected) will only work with the camera app. Whenever I try a phone call or a voice note or a Snapchat video the microphone sounds muffled and no voice can be heard

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

Is your iPhone up to date? The latest software for the iPhone 7 is iOS 14.6. If that’s the case, you’re not the only iPhone 7 owner with microphone problems.
For some of the people affected, restarting their device and/or resetting network settings helped, at least for a while. Maybe it’ll help in your case as well.

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

Is your iPhone up to date? The latest software for the iPhone 7 is iOS 14.6. If that’s the case, you’re not the only iPhone 7 owner with microphone problems.
For some of the people affected, restarting their device and/or resetting network settings helped, at least for a while. Maybe it’ll help in your case as well.
Tried all that and nothing, still works on the camera app which is weird. Should I delete the update?

That’s not possible any more. Apple isn’t signing the iOS version before 14.6 any more.

Send feedback to Apple so that they are aware of your problem, and hopefully will fix this issue in another update:

They will certainly read your report, it’s not very likely that they’ll contact you, though.