What's new

Problem with microphone

ogio44

Reaction score
Hello guys. First of all, sorry for the bad english.

I got 2 days ago a new iPhone 4 (gsm) 8gb, and when someone calls me or i call someone, microphone doesn't work (in the voice control and voice memo - doesn't work too), BUT when i turn on speaker (in call) microphone works perfectly (when i recording a video, microphone works too). Does anyone know what is the problem?

I resored iOS 6.1.3. again and nothing.

Your iPhone probably thinks there is a mic/headphone plugged in. First thing you should do is check to see what the warranty status is on the iPhone. If it is truly new, have it replaced with a new one as soon as possible.

The problem is because i'm from Serbia, my aunt bought it in Germany and brought it to me.

Take the headphones that came with the iPhone and try to see if they work. If they do, then quickly insert and remove the headphones several times. Then try a normal call without the headphones in. That may cause the phone to reset to a normal mode.

Headphones work in a call, I tried to remove and insert several times and it's not working.

Then you have a defective iPhone. Because the trick I suggested is the only one I am aware that should be able to fix it.

The problem is because i'm from Serbia, my aunt bought it in Germany and brought it to me.

The warranty on your iPhone is worldwide. You should be able to obtain warranty service at any Apple store or service centre in any country.

Last edited: