What's new

iPhone 7 incall Mic problems

sh4rk16

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently started having problems with incall microphone. I tested microphone with siri, voice memos, video recording and there was no problem with microphone. When i make a phone call nobody hears me, not even over fb messenger or facetime. That started to happen after i downloaded discord. I dont know what to do, tried restoring without using backup, installing older and newer ios(including beta 11 and 10.3.3 beta 3) and nothing helps. I dont want to send it to service since i think it is a some kind of software issue and not hardware if it works in voice memos and video record...

Although the microphone used to record voice memos is the same one used during phone calls, the microphone that’s used to record sound when you shoot videos is the one on the back of the iphone, not the one you speak into when making a phone call.
Genius Bar appointments at an Apple store are free and if the problem is software related, the solution is normally free as well.
If the problem is hardware related, your iPhone 7 is still under warranty and hardware problems should be covered under the standard warranty.