What's new

iPhone 6 transferring photos problem.

karmh

Reaction score
Hi, first ever post as I really need help (before I end up smashing the phone up)!

Okay so the short way of explaining the problem is that my my phones memory is full so therefore I need to delete the photos/videos off it. However I obviously want to keep the photos before I delete them so need to transfer them to my PC (should be an easy job right).

Here is the problem, the amount of photos on my phone is 960 and videos 114...it says this amount on the 'all photos file' yet whatever way I try to access them from the PC (Windows 8) it says there is only 382 files on my phones properties, I have no trouble copying those photos to my PC but the other photos I have no access to.

I have tried all I can think of, even trying to airdrop them to my girlfriends Mac with no luck whatsoever as the laptop could not be found...

Anybody know of anything that could fix this?
I need help haha. Cheers, Luke.

Ps...I hate apple with a passion.

Were any of the photos on your iPhone originally transferred there from another computer? If so, they can only be deleted by connecting to that computer and unsyncing them.

Can it be done on dropbox ? From memory you get some GB's free when you open an account

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

Thanks for the quick responses...

No all the photos are ones I have taken or ones j have saved from the Internet, not from another source.

And Dropbox is not something I know of!? If it requires going through a computer to get to the phones photos though it won't have it.

I might have to take it to the apple shop closest to me!?

There are several photo storage Apps you could transfer them to. Just take a look in the App Store.. You could also use Photo Library, which is unlimited, but you would have to pay according to how much storage you needed.

Just checked Google Photos seems it's free and unlimited,
might be just what you're looking for. There is an app for it, in the store. Not sure how it links to your Windows 8 system.

After all you must do a little work yourself, considering how much you hate Apple. Sorry mate l'm from London and that's how we are. If you hate Apple sell your iPhone buy something less secure, let us know when you have a problem so l can laugh.
Many thanks.

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

Hi, first ever post as I really need help (before I end up smashing the phone up)!

Okay so the short way of explaining the problem is that my my phones memory is full so therefore I need to delete the photos/videos off it. However I obviously want to keep the photos before I delete them so need to transfer them to my PC (should be an easy job right).

Here is the problem, the amount of photos on my phone is 960 and videos 114...it says this amount on the 'all photos file' yet whatever way I try to access them from the PC (Windows 8) it says there is only 382 files on my phones properties, I have no trouble copying those photos to my PC but the other photos I have no access to.

I have tried all I can think of, even trying to airdrop them to my girlfriends Mac with no luck whatsoever as the laptop could not be found...

Anybody know of anything that could fix this?
I need help haha. Cheers, Luke.

Ps...I hate apple with a passion.

I have had you in my thoughts, hope you haven't smashed your iPhone up yet.
I have just installed Google Photos from the App Store
totally free and unlimited free space.
You can upload Videos as well. It has lots more options to modify your photos if you so desire, comes in many Languages may be the answer to your problems.

If you have sold your iPhone hope you didn't buy a Galaxy Note 7

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.