What's new

iPhone 6 photos

Today we went to the historic town of Newark and I took these photos of Newark Castle.
IMG_0095.JPG
IMG_0097.JPG
IMG_0098.JPG
IMG_0100.JPG
IMG_0099.JPG

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
We went to an antiques fair in Derby today, The fair wasn't great but it was set in the grounds of Keddleston Hall, The Hall has been used in films and is owned by the National Trust, The grounds go on for miles around.

Last edited:
That's a beautiful scenery. :)
The photos don't really do it justice, The family that owned the house and grounds must have been really wealthy, There's miles and miles of parkland and the old boathouse is still there but the fair was in the way, When you enter the gates it's a one mile drive before you even see the house, You can really imagine how it would have been with carriages driving along there through the trees.

My Yukka flowers just once a year and they don't last very long, I think the flowers are beautiful.

IMG_0113.JPG
IMG_0111.JPG

Here is my latest antiques hunt find, I have collected sewing antiques for years but I've never seen one of these before, It is Hallmarked for Joseph Gloster Ltd, Birmingham 1910, I have scoured the internet but as yet haven't found another one, I would love to see another with original tools.
I have added the silver scissors and silver thimble in the second photo, The velvet around the base is for pins.
IMG_0116.JPG
IMG_0117.JPG

Here is my latest antiques hunt find, I have collected sewing antiques for years but I've never seen one of these before, It is Hallmarked for Joseph Gloster Ltd, Birmingham 1910, I have scoured the internet but as yet haven't found another one, I would love to see another with original tools.
I have added the silver scissors and silver thimble in the second photo, The velvet around the base is for pins.View attachment 21028 View attachment 21029
I found something similar.
image.jpeg

Extremely rare British silver sewing stand pin cushion scissors and thimble