What's new

IPhone 5C won't turn on or enter recovery or DFU mode -was working perfectly.What could've happened?

Krowlands90

Reaction score
My work phone (iPhone 5C) was working perfectly last week until I let it run out of charge. When I charged it yesterday (left it on charge all night) it won't charge or turn on. It also won't reset (power button & home button) and it won't enter recovery mode or DFU mode.

It was working perfectly so I'm not sure what has happened that means it won't turn on. I have a complete black screen that doesn't change at all - no apple logo, no symbol to tell me it needs to be charged, nothing - just a black screen.

Can anyone help or explain what might have happened? Please! Thank you :)

Also, obviously my computer does not recognise that anything is plugged in at all. I'm at a complete loss as to what is wrong and what to do, I really need this phone!

When trying to charge the phone, how long did you leave it plugged into the charger? It can take a while for an iPhone with a completely dead battery to start charging or be recognised by iTunes.

My work phone (iPhone 5C) was working perfectly last week until I let it run out of charge. When I charged it yesterday (left it on charge all night) it won't charge or turn on.

When trying to charge the phone, how long did you leave it plugged into the charger? It can take a while for an iPhone with a completely dead battery to start charging or be recognised by iTunes.

He had it on the charger all night. Did you miss that? Anyway if this is a work phone and the company provided it I would let the IT department (or whatever department would be responsible) know that the phone isn't working and let them handle it.

Sent from my Blue iPhone 5c using Tapatalk!