What's new

iPhone 5c not turned on

odedidush

Reaction score
Hi,
Two weeks ago, my iPhone 5c fell and ware cracks on the screen, from that moment he began to turn off and on. I tried to connect to iTunes on your home computer and make recovery settings, but without any success.
I took the iPhone to the lab and I exchanged a screen (because the crack) and two batteries (they suspect as battery problem) but the iPhone turns off and turns on again until it turns off permanently.
I took back to the lab and told me that you can not fix the iPhone just maybe if I'd connect it to the same computer with iTunes it worked last time and they will sync and maybe it will work out.
I plugged it into my PC which has iTunes,there was the sound of an identification device at Windows and the screen has a picture of a cable connection with an arrow icon of iTunes and sometimes the screen goes black and receive a second image of the Apple Icon and then again it returns to the image of the icon of iTunes but the iTunes program does not recognize the iPhone (attached screenshot).
What do you recommend to do in order to turn on my iPhone?

Attachments

• iphone 5c stuck.jpg
    iphone 5c stuck.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 549
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to iPhone Forums!

If your iPhone shows the iTunes logo, this means you should use recovery mode to restore it. Here are the instructions:
If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

It looks like your device is not up to date (the iTunes logo looks different now - see my link). Restoring your iPhone will also install the latest software (9.2.1).

If this doesn't work, give the following method a try:
TUTORIAL - Failsafe method to restore the current version of IOS
Make sure you get the right software for your device. It has to be 9.2.1, another one can't be installed on your iPhone, because nothing else is signed by Apple right now.

Hope that helps.

Hi ,
i tried to enter to recovery mode by pressing and holding both the Sleep and Home button for 10 seconds, and didn't release when i saw Apple logo but it didn't get to recovery mode screen, just came back to the iTunes logo again . no recovery popup me message became .
i tried to use your second link but the tiny umbrella said that no download necesarry at the link :
The Firmware Umbrella – TinyUmbrella | iOS, Android, hacking/jailbreaking information

BTW , i use iTunes software version:12.3.2 .

What can i do more ?

iTunes is up to date, that's good.

Did you follow the instructions for recovery mode exactly? If so, sometimes it's necessary to try this for a second or even third time (put iPhone into recovery mode).

The download links for TinyUmbrella are on the site you're linking to, at the right side. Select the right software version, and download it on your computer. The instruction will not work without TinyUmbrella installed. It might be not necessary to download the iOS, but you'll have to get TinyUmbrella, as far as I know.

Hi ,
in order to perform the TinyUmbrella application , need to install java (jdk & jre) .
i did it and installed java succesfully(verified by javac-attached picture) , although when perform the tinyumbrella64.exe i still get error message : "no JVM can be found on your machine" (attached picture) .
what can be the problem ?

Attachments

• java error.jpg
    java error.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 529
  • javac.jpg
    javac.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 526
Hi,
I managed to install Tiny Umbrella with the last document .

when i turned on the application while the iphone connected with usb cable , the application didn't recognize the iphone and the iTunes icon still shown . i try to press Hold+shut down buttons permanently but the Tiny Umbrella application still didnt recognize the iPhone .(picture attached) .
can i do more in order to solve it ?

Attachments

• TinyUmbrella.jpg
    TinyUmbrella.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 552
It's not necessary to have the iPhone connected to the computer while opening TinyUmbrella. Please follow the instructions in my second link exactly.

Hi ,
i also tried to unplugged the iPhone to the computer and still i can't switch to the "Advanced" tab at the TinyUmbrella application .
according to your second link , need to open TinyUmbrella application switch to the "Advanced" tab .
as you can see at the TinyUmbrella picture from last post there is no "Advanced" tab.
do i need to download other TinyUmbrella software ?

Try the options at the left (File, Action, ...). Maybe you'll find Advanced there. The software you downloaded is the latest version, as far as I know.
If that doesn't help, there's an alternative in my link in 2., where it says you should download TinyUmbrella.