What's new

iPhone 5 Will Have 8 Megapixel Rear Camera and A5 Processor

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
A5_chip.JPG

AppleInsider has yet more evidence today that Apple will not start manufacturing the iPhone 5 until September. The information comes from Concord Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, who issued a note today based on briefings from his supply chain sources. According to Kuo, the iPhone 5 will only have “slight modifications” from previous designs, rather than a complete revamp. Apparently Kuo’s sources have said that the iPhone 5 will definitely have Apple’s powerful new A5 chip, which is also used in the iPad 2, as well as an 8 megapixel rear camera, and a Qualcomm baseband for both the GSM and CDMA versions. A new antenna design is also on the cards, which is no surprise!

Kuo says that he has heard that Apple will embark on a trial production phase for the iPhone 5 in August, before commencing mass production in September, which should see it going on to ship between 28 million and 32 million units in 2011 alone.

Kuo also writes about the forthcoming iOS 5, which he says will be the “main selling point” of the iPhone 5, due to the fact that there will be little change to the phone’s actual hardware. He says that Apple is saving its next big hardware change, including a new design and much improved specs, until the launch of the iPhone 6, which Kuo says could come in early 2012.

AppleInsider notes that Kuo has a lot of credibility regarding the specs of new Apple products, having correctly stated in January that the iPad 2 would have the same resolution as the current iPad, as well as saying that the white iPhone 4 would be released by the end of April.

Source: AppleInsider | Mass production of Apple's A5-, Qualcomm-powered iPhone 5 rumored for Sept.

must well wait for iPhone 6 with A6 ic chip and 12 MP camera and so on zzz

I am 100% sure of the A5 chip but not the 8mp camera, i think it will be 5mp again but more would be nice, though even at 5mp its very good

Most of the Android phones are coming out with the 8mp camera, so it wouldn't surprise me. However, at the end of the day it's the quality of the lens that matters most.

I am 100% sure of the A5 chip but not the 8mp camera, i think it will be 5mp again but more would be nice, though even at 5mp its very good

Most of the Android phones are coming out with the 8mp camera, so it wouldn't surprise me. However, at the end of the day it's the quality of the lens that matters most.

i would not be surprised either since sony has already had a 12mp phone for some time now but apple seems to be slow at catching up with the rest, though they do a very good job of it when they do.