What's new

iPhone 5 Warranty Questions..

Darkstar2007

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, I've hit the search bar up and can't find this topic anywhere, so here it goes.

Now that the iPhone 5 is being discontinued, I have to wonder what happens to us iPhone 5 users if we have a warranty issue months from now...

My iPhone 5 is covered under the standard 1 year warranty until June 2014. Let's say something hardware related craps out on my iPhone 5 before June rolls around, I have to wonder if Apple will try to give an iPhone 5C to me, or if they'll give me an iPhone 5S. Maybe Apple will have some refurbished iPhone 5's In stock. Who knows? Just wondering if anyone else has had this question, or if they've heard any information regarding this question.

Thanks for reading!

Ok, I've hit the search bar up and can't find this topic anywhere, so here it goes. Now that the iPhone 5 is being discontinued, I have to wonder what happens to us iPhone 5 users if we have a warranty issue months from now... My iPhone 5 is covered under the standard 1 year warranty until June 2014. Let's say something hardware related craps out on my iPhone 5 before June rolls around, I have to wonder if Apple will try to give an iPhone 5C to me, or if they'll give me an iPhone 5S. Maybe Apple will have some refurbished iPhone 5's In stock. Who knows? Just wondering if anyone else has had this question, or if they've heard any information regarding this question. Thanks for reading!

Dude I had this exact same question in my head for a week,like you I tried searching but couldn't find anything.. I'm really curious what everyone else has to say.. Maybe call apple about it?

I'm really curious about this as well!! I like my 5 but wouldn't be opposed to a 5c if I got to pick the color. I know it's plastic but I kinda like the yellow and the lime green one.

I'm really curious about this as well!! I like my 5 but wouldn't be opposed to a 5c if I got to pick the color. I know it's plastic but I kinda like the yellow and the lime green one.

I like lime green as well. Lol!

I'll contact Apple tomorrow and post back with what they say!

I just got off the phone with Apple tech support and they said that the iPhone 5 has not been discontinued and they would replace a 5 with a 5.

Ok,

I called the Apple Store in Huntsville Al today, and the Store Genius I talked to, informed me that they would keep the iPhone 5 on hand for warranty issues. They just won't sell them to the public!

Question answered. :)

Ok, I called the Apple Store in Huntsville Al today, and the Store Genius I talked to, informed me that they would keep the iPhone 5 on hand for warranty issues. They just won't sell them to the public! Question answered. :)

Awesome!