What's new

iPhone 5 questions

Myron

Reaction score
I was testing the iPhone 5 at the Apple Store yesterday. It was impressive but I have several questions. Why does it get so hot to the touch? Regarding the Maps, I love the 3D Map feature but I notice there is no longer a Street View, so I can't find my house or any others. I guess that was a Google Maps-only feature.I heard there are many map inaccuracies; has that been fixed? I also noticed that You Tube must be downloaded from the App Store; it is no longer pre-loaded. Of course, Flash and Java still do not appear. The screens' extra half-inch is barely noticeable but the screen is crystal clear but still washes-out in bright sunlight; an OLED display would be great but it's expensive. The unit was extremely fast compared to my older 3Gs which is very slow.

Yes you have to download YouTube but in my opinion it's a better version of YouTube, plus google maps is available to download as well, and many people are saying that it's a better version than the one on android

Myron said:
I was testing the iPhone 5 at the Apple Store yesterday. It was impressive but I have several questions. Why does it get so hot to the touch? Regarding the Maps, I love the 3D Map feature but I notice there is no longer a Street View, so I can't find my house or any others. I guess that was a Google Maps-only feature.I heard there are many map inaccuracies; has that been fixed? I also noticed that You Tube must be downloaded from the App Store; it is no longer pre-loaded. Of course, Flash and Java still do not appear. The screens' extra half-inch is barely noticeable but the screen is crystal clear but still washes-out in bright sunlight; an OLED display would be great but it's expensive. The unit was extremely fast compared to my older 3Gs which is very slow.

In regards to Google maps, there is a Google maps app available in the AppStore. Street view is available in this app.

Yes you have to download YouTube but in my opinion it's a better version of YouTube, plus google maps is available to download as well, and many people are saying that it's a better version than the one on android
not true. the iphones g-map version does not integrate as good as it does with android. for example if your on the web and you see an address you can't just click on it and have g-maps start or even if someone was to text you an address g-maps won't open by default. or speech to text. won't work either.

An iPhone that's on display, in any store, is going to be plugged in. Any battery is going to be warm when it's charging.