What's new

Iphone 5 sync

Gman254

Reaction score
I have a myriad of problems with my new iPhone 5.

Firstly, whenever I plug in my lightning connector to my ipod and computer (the usb is fine) Itunes registers the iphone, displays the name and such, then only begins to charge. No sync
2nd- When I then try to make changes to the ipod, like add music or such, It doesn't give me the option to "apply". I change something, and the revert box becomes available, yet apply stays unshaded and unable to press
Third- capacity is displayed as 100%other, and if I check something (but remember I can't apply) it merely adds a couple gigs of music and video, no apps even though I have some
Lastly, Whenever I open photo reel, it adds a single photo back into my reel from the reel its self, in essence copying the photo. This may have to do with photo stream.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Bump? I suppose? I thought these forums were more active...

You need help from someone who has a iPhone 5. Sorry don't have much knowledge on the iPhone 5 yet. All I can think of is a restore and setting up as a new as a new phone and trying to sync again.

Actually I think you need help from Apple. If memory serves you have 90 days of phone tech support available. Since it is a 5, you are still in that window. I would call them on your issues. Because I haven't seen anything like that before.

xD ok thats just wierd,, iTunes on alcohol :p

Ever tried it with an another PC?
I reccomend a Mac

Goodluck
ICreative

Thanks for all the help, I waited a couple days and it was weird, iOS 6.0.1 or whatever slowly fixed all the problems, like 2 each day.
Just for people who want to stay clear of the problem, It may have been that I was using the photo tab to add a folder from the computer, then I selected include videos too. It's a really good way to get videos onto an ipod but it may have messed me up.