What's new

IPhone 5 Restore Issue

vinsanity71

Reaction score
Good morning,

I just restored my IPhone 5 to its original settings and I had a backup on my computer. However, I lost all my pics, apps, messages, etc. but I was able to retrieve the apps since they were saved. Is there a way to retrieve the other items or are they gone for good? Please help.

Then you didn't backup your device. Backing up your device will backup everything except apps. Once they're deleted, you can't retrieve them

I had a backup when I upgraded to IOS 7 but I restored IOS 6.1.4 but all the backups I found were very old when I tried to choose one.

If the backup was based on iOS 7, it can't restore that backup to 6.1.4. Was that the case?

No I did a backup before upgrading to IOS 7 but can't find it anywhere and all the backups are old and still missing some items

Open up Preferences, and click on Devices. Then look for your device's name and look for a date to see the last backup

Open up Preferences, and click on Devices. Then look for your device's name and look for a date to see the last backup

Where can I find this? I have a Mac and couldn't find devices under system preferences

iTunes preference. It should be under Edit > Preference. I think the hot key is command + , for OSX

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk