What's new

Iphone 5- reactions?

Some of the criticism for the new iPhone has blown my mind.
If you really look at the specification sheet Apple has on their website, people would see that it took a lot of effort to pack so much into such a thin package.

The new screen design, the A6 chip, single Qualcomm radio that's compatible with almost every cellular technology they have out in the wild, nano sim, a much needed redesign of the charge port, new upgrades to the camera...
Then again, I forgot that Apple didn't strap rockets to it for trips to the moon and such... ;)

Couldn't have said it better myself, Dark!!! Because really... the only complaint people have about the new Lightning connector is that "Omg... I can't use the bazillion accessories I have." People need to understand that this change was indeed needed to pack more and more tech. into this 18% thinner iPhone.

Couldn't have said it better myself, Dark!!! Because really... the only complaint people have about the new Lightning connector is that "Omg... I can't use the bazillion accessories I have." People need to understand that this change was indeed needed to pack more and more tech. into this 18% thinner iPhone.

Not only that, but it's reversible. I know I'm not the only one in the world that's fumbled around in the dark trying to plug up my phone. Only to find out it was backwards the whole time.. Lol!!

Not only that, but it's reversible. I know I'm not the only one in the world that's fumbled around in the dark trying to plug up my phone. Only to find out it was backwards the whole time.. Lol!!
To me, being reversable, is worth it's weight in gold!! From what Ivy was saying... they're really pushing people to buy the 30 pin adapter plug, too. I have no need for one....

To me, being reversable, is worth it's weight in gold!! From what Ivy was saying... they're really pushing people to buy the 30 pin adapter plug, too. I have no need for one....

I'll need one for my dock at home with a built in 30-pin connector, but I'm in no way shape or form rushing it. I hardly ever use it anyways. :/
Lol!

It was the same with the iphone 4S and the ipad because people read rumors and build their hopes up for all these features that never get added and people hate apple for it yet the iphone 5 now has a waiting period of 2-3 weeks and that was within the first hour of it being available for pre order.. The phone has so much upgrades and changes and not just to the phone itself but with new earpods and new dock connector..etc so its worth every penny and its even better now it only has a two week wait I remember waiting a month to get the iphone 4 and not being able to get it in white either..

of course its not for every one and people are even happy with the 3GS still but the iphone 5 is worth the upgrade if you have the spare $$$

Ou can't change sound quality of the earbud just by slightly changing the design...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dfran1 said:
iPhone 5 is a huge letdown, now they are years behind!!!

verizon and sprint cant even talk and data at the same time!!!!!

Have you considered switching to AT&T? You can do both simultaneously :)

No obviously not but that's not all they changed about the earpods

I know but I listened to a tech show and he kept saying how the new earbuds are no better then the old ones

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

i like that the camera is improved, i love the facetime without wifi, the larger screen, more colorful screen, solid back casing...

i just dont feel that the new iphone is REVOLUTIONARY it is more EVOLUTIONARY in my opinion

The iPhone 5 is not revolutionary; I would agree that it is evolutionary, although a very slow evolution. However, the improvements made by Apple with this new generation are more closely inline with what one would expect from an upgrade that would come with a variation of the edition and not an entirely new generation of phone. I must say I was expecting more as well.

Have you considered switching to AT&T? You can do both simultaneously :)

I'm sorry I did not explain more

My Siii has voice and data on Verizon As do so many other 4g lte phones (actually I believe all do)
The iPhone 5 can not do it cause apple that had well over a year to do it either can't or is telling us that you can not have voice and data, cause were apple, do not care, and your getting what we give you.

Last edited:
poeticvibez07 said:
im disappointed it wasnt an overall new design

I am disappointed too, no NFC, no camera zoom, the case design looks old fashioned compared to the likes of the S3
I was hoping that the long awaited iPhone 5 would be a much newer modern design.
I think a lot of current owners will soon be moving to Android.
The price is ridiculous too!! You can pick up a really good Android for under £400 if not less, one with a decent camera and NFC.

I am disappointed too, no NFC, no camera zoom, the case design looks old fashioned compared to the likes of the S3
I was hoping that the long awaited iPhone 5 would be a much newer modern design.
I think a lot of current owners will soon be moving to Android.
The price is ridiculous too!! You can pick up a really good Android for under £400 if not less, one with a decent camera and NFC.

At least one user here who is moving away from Android back to an iPhone. Comparing my Galaxy S3 to an iPhone, I can't really see what you mean about it looking old fashioned. The SGS3 doesn't really look a million miles away from the iPhone except it looks cheap compared to the iPhone's premium feel (just my two pence of course). It's certainly not a radically different look, if that's what you intimated.

There are hundreds, if not thousands, of different Android installed phones on the market, some great, some rubbish. The SGS3 is for sale at £500, so not a million miles away from the iPhone 5. Obviously, the cheaper phones will have less functions, smaller screens, slower processors and/or many other differences to justify the lower price tag.

I gather you're in the UK, same as me, I have yet to see anywhere that is using NFC, although I gather a few places in London are, such as Starbucks or something similar. Until it's rolled out to many, many more establishments, I think it is just a gimmick and is near the bottom of my list of 'wants' in my next phone.

There are many features that a lot of people can't do without and the iPhone doesn't have them so it would be silly for them to move to an iPhone when there are plenty of phones on the market that cater for their needs. I myself don't use half the extra functions on my SGS3 so the iPhone makes perfect sense as a reliable alternative to my flaky SGS3.

What made you move from Apple to Android?
I don't necessarily think the SG3 is radical but Samsung seem to be improving their designs and inputting more new features with each design. Some of the concept pics we've seen for the iPhone were a better design idea than the real thing. I've yet to get my hands on one so maybe my opinion will change when I do. I do agree that the build quality feels much more robust and up market than Androids.
Don't get me wrong I'm an Apple fan but I just think they could've made it a bit wider and well as longer and given it a more slick curved design on the back like and iPod touch. Maybe even some other colour options ? I'm pretty sure if Steve were still alive we may have seen more changes in rn the design.
Yes I'm from UK.