What's new

Iphone 5 nano sim card

jstvj

Reaction score
Just found out that iphone 5 will only take the new nano sim card.

I have phoned Network 3 who confirm that their 3 shops will exchange micro sim card with a nano, with same number for £5.11.

Last edited:
Just found out that iphone 5 will only take the new nano sim card.

I have phoned Network 3 who confirm that their 3 shops will exchange micro sim card with a nano, with same number for £5.11.
i am with 3 and i phoned them this morning,they are sending me a nano sim card in post free of charge so no need to pay anything.

Poisonivy said:
i am with 3 and i phoned them this morning,they are sending me a nano sim card in post free of charge so no need to pay anything.

Thank you for that. I was told by the 3 agent "we have already supplied you with a sim card so will charge you for a replacement". So I don't understand why they have informed you differently. Could it be that I am on a different contract ? I pay monthly.

Thank you for that. I was told by the 3 agent "we have already supplied you with a sim card so will charge you for a replacement". So I don't understand why they have informed you differently. Could it be that I am on a different contract ? I pay monthly.
im on pay as you go,they gave me a new sim card last year too for my 4s,also free of charge.

jstvj said:

Ah, could it be that I am buying my iPhone 5 direct from Apple and not as an upgrade from 3 ?

Poisonivy said:
i am also buying my iphone 5 direct from Apple.

OK thanks, I will go back to them an query the charge.

OK, 3 Customer Support have now said "Go into 3 store, buy nano card, give them a call and they will refund the money" ???????

Wife went into 3 shop today who said no problem just bring iphone in and we will change sim card for free. Customer Support (India ?) not good

does seem that customer support on 3 is a bit hit and miss as thats two people who have had trouble getting a nano sim card from them via telephone,i have'nt had any problems with them so far and have been with them quite a while,hope this is just a glitch but they really should be ready for the influx of customers wanting nano sim cards.

Last edited:
For anyone that is on Vodafone, I used the chat function on their website and i've had one sent out to me ready for when my 5 arrives.