What's new

Nano sim for the iphone 5?

Tristan

Reaction score
I've been told that the new iPhone will have something called nano sim or something like that, does apple really need to make the sim card smaller, or may b it's not true, what do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Tristan said:
I've been told that the new iPhone will have something called nano sim or something like that, does apple really need to make the sim card smaller, or may b it's not true, what do you guys think?

assuming true, it might mean they are banking on owners of ip 5's are less likely to change handsets due to having to get a new SIM - until at least the new SIM croppers are made?

its my understanding that the New iphone will indeed have a Nano sim,little bit annoying as in my case (and i'm sure for others) it means again contacting my provider for another new sim card,it remains to be seen just how small it will be.

iridehorses said:
Isn't that what we have in the i4 now?

The iPhone 4 & 4S use a "micro" sim. The nano sim is quite a bit smaller & takes up less space in the chassis. Therefore allowing Apple (and other smartphone designers) fit more hardware into a thinner and/or smaller body.

Thomasjtsi said:
The iPhone 4 & 4S use a "micro" sim. The nano sim is quite a bit smaller & takes up less space in the chassis. Therefore allowing Apple (and other smartphone designers) fit more hardware into a thinner and/or smaller body.

smdh! really apple?! is that necessary

poeticvibez07 said:
smdh! really apple?! is that necessary

If we want faster processors, more RAM & more memory... then yes. Making any part of the iPhone smaller is absolutely necessary. Considering over 1/2 of the iPhone is already battery.

Carriers already are receiving the new nano sim accoridng to some carriers and thy have provided us with pictures.

nano-SIM.jpg

No i think the same, iphone 5 are still using micro sim.

Thomasjtsi said:
If we want faster processors, more RAM & more memory... then yes. Making any part of the iPhone smaller is absolutely necessary. Considering over 1/2 of the iPhone is already battery.

perhaps they should improve the battery adequately first though