What's new

iphone 5 date and time, LTE problems

venghous1

Reaction score
got the iphone 5 3 days ago.. ive noticed that when in 3g i get full bars of reception.. when in LTE drops to 2.. sometimes i have to force it into LTE, but only stays there for awhile and goes right back into 3g.. now i am in some fringe areas for lte.so that may be part of it... also my date and time will show wrong times a couple times a day... yesterday at 8pm my phone said it was 6:05pm, had to reboot to get it to adjust, even after shutting it off from auto and back on again.. same thing this AM and tonight, at 7:43 pm.. my phone said 6am... turning off auto and back on didnt fix it... had to rebbot.... doing a second restore now... anyone else run into these problems??

No. My phone keeps perfect time. It does occasionally slip out of LTE but so did my Bionic.

Sorry your having so many issues.

I would be going back to either the Verizon service center or the store it was purchased from.

there is a growing problem with Verizon and iphone 5. the phone will not keep time and date, rendering some apps and the reminders and alarms useless.. There is growing buzz about this on the verizon and apple forums. I got my phone on launch day and have had this problem since day one. It is as if the internal clock and the towers will not talk to each other...

here are links to the forums

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/784149

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4347494?start=0&tstart=0

please help us get this out there and a priority for them to fix!!

Thanks, I have been experiencing the same problem as well. I actually went to the Verizon store and they did the same thing as well, Automaic settings turned to manual. I still have not seen it screw up yet.

I have also set it manually ... lasted all of 24 hrs before it did the same thing.... so no matter what setting these phones are doing it.. also it seems like vZ phones only.. the rep told me it is a huge buzz in the office at VZW and they are moving it to a top tier problem

Strangely enough after thinking about it, it was kind of strange the Verizon rep who helped me was the same guy that sold me the phone. After mentioning the problem, it seems as though he knew the temp fix to swing me out the door and no paperwork was needed to document the problem. But I am sure an update will soon arrive before the end of the month.