What's new

Iphone 5 and LTE

mdholm

Reaction score
So, I'm a bit disappointed with my iPhone 5 and LTE. It seems that, more likely than not, my phone spends more time with the little gear spinning than actually connecting to anything. My boyfriend as the same issue. Last night we were at a hockey game in Kennewick, WA. While seated, neither of us could use our phones. On the other hand, our daughters 3G 4S phone was working great. Is there an issue with Verizon LTE or do we somehow both ha e defective phones?

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

I'm not impressed w/ LTE on verizon. Browsing is no faster on LTE than on iPhone 4 w/ iOS 6 installed. I have good LTE coverage in my area, but I don't buy into the 4G LTE hype. My wifi at home is just as fast.

I love my LTE on Verizon! Huge difference in speed for me!

Agreed. It is faster than my wifi LoL

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Tapatalk Yo! :)

Agreed. It is faster than my wifi LoL

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Did your other phone have LTE? I came from 3G on my other, so it's very noticeable!

I'm not impressed w/ LTE on verizon. Browsing is no faster on LTE than on iPhone 4 w/ iOS 6 installed. I have good LTE coverage in my area, but I don't buy into the 4G LTE hype. My wifi at home is just as fast.

I had an Android with LTE over a year ago and switched because the battery was so bad . The Iphone 4s speed isn't even close to what my android had on LTE . I live on the South Shore too . My old phone was way faster than my Iphone on wifi . That being said from what I hear about the 5 I'll wait till something else comes out .

Last edited:
I had the HTC Thunderbolt and the Droid 4 both were 4g LTE I live in so cal and have had 4g for a while. I do notice that speeds lag sometimes buy at points it seems its better. It's not always searching for 4g like my android counterparts but the one drawback is there is not surf and talk , not that I ever really did that but that is really the only thing.

Did your other phone have LTE? I came from 3G on my other, so it's very noticeable!

No I had a 4S. Used to have a thunderbolt and wasn't impressed. My 5 flies!

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB